iPad in yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
[yt]y-k2_N5XPaU[/yt]

That's a frontier

I know it wouldnt fit in the dash.. but what about making a slit in the lower part where the cassete player and storage bin is?

picture.jpg

That would be pretty sweet.. AND.. more practical because at night you won't be blinded.. or distracted during day or night...

Last edited:

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll let you use mine, but I get to keep everything after it's mocked up. ahhaha. I knoc scosche made a dash kit, but you'll lose or have to relocate your radio somehow.

[yt]5SkltRqOF5k[/yt]

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
the plug in adapters with the ipad just hanging there looks ugly..

It must have the installed look.. all flush and secure..

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
the plug in adapters with the ipad just hanging there looks ugly..

It must have the installed look.. all flush and secure..

I agree. Bigger than the look I think the docking style where you can slide it in and the connector slides in as well is a much cleaner method and less hassle to take it in and out.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what exactly would be the point though?

a mac mini and a large touchscreen would be a better option... far far more (and expandable) storage, an OS that isn't locked down, Optical Disc support, playback that can handle multiple formats, built in WiFi, Optical 5.1 out, fully open Bluetooth, even a GUI media center app. and you won't need your main computer to transfer files or a capped 3g data subscription.

as a look at me, oversized ipod I can see the fun of it. As a main source, not.

It does Fit/work well in his truck, but i keep my 16gb iphone and my 16gb nano maxed out, and that is without video. I have a 320 gb drive just for high rez/full res video, when my mac is plugged into my home theatre via HDMi out and Optical out.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
what exactly would be the point though?

a mac mini and a large touchscreen would be a better option... far far more (and expandable) storage, an OS that isn't locked down, Optical Disc support, playback that can handle multiple formats, built in WiFi, Optical 5.1 out, fully open Bluetooth, even a GUI media center app. and you won't need your main computer to transfer files or a capped 3g data subscription.

as a look at me, oversized ipod I can see the fun of it. As a main source, not.

It does Fit/work well in his truck, but i keep my 16gb iphone and my 16gb nano maxed out, and that is without video. I have a 320 gb drive just for high rez/full res video, when my mac is plugged into my home theatre via HDMi out and Optical out.

I actually agree with you on the Mac Mini being a better option for me. The benefit of the ipad would be the ease of dropping it in and then taking it back out to take it with you. I doubt many are getting it for that reason as much as the "look at me" vibe, but if someone truly had that need the ipad would be the route to go. I don't have that need so the mac mini would be the way to go IMO.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plus you can then flush the screen in... something our dashes would not be as conducive to if you wanted to 'dock' it.

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mac mini would not be as ergonomic. No other screen has the touch screen capabilities of the ipad as of this post. The ipad is all in one. A mac mini requires a seperate internet connection, wiring, screen etc and is more expensive. It also lacks the wow factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TaVigs8Who&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obeTy_HMMKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlqaFANOC3Y

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

... But, if you have a bluetooth headunit, you can send the audio to it that way and not bother mounting it. I however would love one of these because it can be taken with you, so people can't break in and steal it like a regular double din!

Soon, cars will have ipad holders from the factory IMO.

Titanium02-I think its a good ida to mount it in that location. Other wise you would have to redo the dash like the f150 I posted did, relocate the ac and radio etc. The lower bin is the spot. Something like the maxima had where it would slide in would be good. Close to cigarette lighter for power if necessary and I believe it will fit there well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite