IPAD in dash install on OBS???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yea i hear ya about it being overpopulated. Id love to be driving around my hoe there tho lol. How many weird looks do you get for the hoe? Bet they never seen em like in the us you really dont see *** only rides like them weird minivans

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, they know how to pimp out their minivans. They get crazy with their cars over here. Talk about tokyo drift. There's skylines and stuff left and right, especially on base.
I get alot of looks with mine, especially since its left hand drive; all the cars are right hand drive over here. (Backwards) im waiting to get back to the states to lift her up about 6inches and put some 32's on. That would be ****** over here.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Black1996

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but i ended up "fabricating" my own little bracket with the help of some velcro. Check it out:

This is awesome!! Props man. Definatly gonna do this to mine, you could even find OEM grey spray bomb and paint to match, still looks discrete with the clear plastic though. Does it obstruct your shifter knob at all?

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, whenever the shifter is in drive, it goes down to about the bottom of the ipad. And there is still plenty of room between the ipad and the shifter. The i pad is pretty much snug and flush against the dash

Black1996

Reaction score
No, whenever the shifter is in drive, it goes down to about the bottom of the ipad. And there is still plenty of room between the ipad and the shifter. The i pad is pretty much snug and flush against the dash

I just recently built a mount a lot like yours for my unit but with a few changes. I have the ipad mini so it wouldn't sit so high up on the dash. Also I made two cuts at the bottom 90 degree angle an inch in on either side, then bent the two outside pieces around a 5/16ths metal rod which holds the iPad from sliding down, then glued three earth magnets on the back side of the mount so all I have to do is slide it into the bottom curves and it sucks down flush on the top from the magnets. Works pretty slick. The only downside is the bends suck really bad because I didn't properly bend them. The mount does its job and I built it in a way to hide all the ugly bends so the only plastic you see when the ipad is in is the two bottom rolls and the overhang onto the dash

Black1996

Reaction score
Have yall seen this. http://landoftechnology.com/2013/dash-mounting-a-nexus-7-projectn7/
Im probably doing this except im just relocating my stereo and putting it in a double din kit. And im not gonna worry about mm aking the knight rider themed launcher

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

That's definatly a great option. The reason I did mine the way I did is because there is no real risk if I screw something up. Messing with dash can leave you with a screwed up dash bezel that serves no purpose. You can always go to a parts yard and pick up another if you want but that involves time searching and $$. With my ipad mount if I mess up I just throw away a 7$ piece of plastic and also it only took me an hour or so to rig mine up and looks almost as clean as doing the in dash setup. I will post some pics here soon along with dimensions. If anyone knows of any YouTube videos on bending plastic properly this will help out a lot if your planning on attempting this. I need to figure out a way to fix my bends somehow also. The plastic is kind of warped on the ends of the bend and I couldn't figure out a way to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz