Internal vacuum leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sergio1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been reading different posts since i bought my 97 Tahoe in July of 2014. 97 Tahoe 5.7 4x4.Three months after buying it, the CEL came on. Car died and needed towed. Took it to the mechanic-plugs,wires,rotor cap and button were replaced. Light came on 2 days later. Took it to a different mechanic because right after the light came on she died again and thie other mechanic was closer. They said that the rotor button was installed backwards?? The original mechanic replaced it free this time. A month later, with the CEL still on she died on me again. Cylinder 3 and 7 were misfiring. Mechanic sais wires needed replaced and a couple injectors were clogged. Replaced wires again and full spider injection with new sets. CEL light still on but ran a little better. THEN brake booster went. Light still on replaced upper intake. Then IAC went twice. Changed PCV valve and hose, EGR is working properly. I pull major vacuum through oil fill and any vacuum lines. When i pull the oil cap she runs really rough and almost dies. Cant find leak anywhere. Finally took it to chevy for diagnosis. They wanted $895 for motor breakdown only. The said i had an INTERNAL VACUUM LEAK. I didnt do it...couldnt afford it. Now my truck is idling at 2100 rpm in park or neutral. 1100 in drive. She pulls when i let off the breaks and will even switch gears. Im at a loss and about to call it quits with this truck. Ive put $3200 in this truck in 16 months but am just trying to realize if the motor is shot or its just something the mechanics are not seeing. Obviously they just keep throwing parts at it, anything associated with vacuum leaks they replace but its not working. PLEASE HELP im no mechanic and didnt really know anything about cars until i bought this. Now im way more familier than i want to be with this engine....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StayStoney