Intermittent rough idle, sluggish and popping in exhaust - FIXED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. And of course MSD only warranties the coil packs for a year and that's if they are are installed by a certified MSD shop. Truck successfully pulled our camper to the mountains of WV with no hiccups at all. Happy it's finally fixed...not too happy I gotta spend about $400 on new AC/Delco coil packs.

Glad you got it resolved. It sucks about MSD's policy though, I didn't know that at all. Makes me think twice about getting their stuff. It's not really that hard to swap coils or plug wires on these rigs, so having an MSD certified installer seems ridiculous just to have a warranty.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id just get a salvage yard set of coils. They dont have a high failure rate. Ill do you one even better. I have a 02 5.3L on the stand that is getting rebuilt after a bore to 5.7L and is going into a 4th Gen Corvette. I have the coil packs that came off it. It was a running engine when I tore it down. You can have the coils, just pay the shipping. Engine had 120k on it when I bought a pair of 5.3L from a salvage yard for $500.

Rockauto shows your 04 6.0L and 02 Silverado 5.3L use the same coil. (AC Delco D581).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse