Intermittent problems with reverse 2005 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumpmaster28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Team. I am having trouble with my Tahoe, as it recently started giving me trouble moving when In reverse. It doesn’t have trouble shifting into reverse, but feels like a caliper is stuck or something. Drives forward all day long and doesn’t drag or feel sluggish. Is it a problem with my rear differential or rear axle? Would that only fail in one direction? I know I need to change my fluids, but levels seem fine. Thoughts?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have better luck posting in the 2005 section as this is the 2015+ section. Good luck.

OP
OP
jumpmaster28

jumpmaster28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i did a transmission service. (thank you Chevy engineers for putting the shift cable bracket in the way) and changed the fluids on Front and rear Diff, only to notice that my right rear parking brake was not disengaging all the way. So, i hammered it back into place, and will replace the rear brakes when i get a chance. problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wrenchmaster