interior lights wont turn on when door is open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ride handsome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I resurrect this thread lol. I have a problem with my 07 that I couldn't care less about but drives my wife crazy. All the light come on when any door but the passenger front door is opened. The instrument cluster says passenger door open but the lights don't come on. Wouldn't the same switch signal both the lights and the message in the cluster?

I am experiencing this exact scenario. Except mine dont come on for both the front and rear pass. doors. Did you figure it out?

Last edited:

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the interior lights supposed to come on when the tailgate is opened? I would sure think they're supposed to. My interior lights come on when I open the rear hatch glass, but not when I open the whole tailgate. It's quite an annoyance at night/after dark.

ride handsome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are the interior lights supposed to come on when the tailgate is opened? I would sure think they're supposed to. My interior lights come on when I open the rear hatch glass, but not when I open the whole tailgate. It's quite an annoyance at night/after dark.

Good question. Ive only had mine a week. I'll check it out tonight and see if it comes on

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get a chance to check and see if the interior lights come on when the tailgate is opened?

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked and they come on when I open the hatch and when I open the glass

Damn! Mine only come on when I open the glass, but not when opening the whole tailgate. I looked before for a switch because I was pretty sure they should be coming on when the hatch is opened, but couldn't find one. Is it built into the rear hatch button somehow, or is there a separate switch somewhere to turn the lights on? BTW, thanks for checking. :)

glockz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can I resurrect this thread lol. I have a problem with my 07 that I couldn't care less about but drives my wife crazy. All the light come on when any door but the passenger front door is opened. The instrument cluster says passenger door open but the lights don't come on. Wouldn't the same switch signal both the lights and the message in the cluster?

Did you ever find a resolution for this? My wife's 07 Tahoe is doing the same thing. The dome light doesn't come on for the pass front door. I pretty sure this is also causing the issue with the remotes only being able to lock the doors. Once the truck sits and what I could call goes to sleep you can no longer unlock the via the remote. You can unlock and lock them with the remote as long as the truck doesn't go into sleep mode. The dealership wanted to start with replacing all the door lock solenoids....but they work fine.

Any thoughts?

ride handsome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever find a resolution for this? My wife's 07 Tahoe is doing the same thing. The dome light doesn't come on for the pass front door. I pretty sure this is also causing the issue with the remotes only being able to lock the doors. Once the truck sits and what I could call goes to sleep you can no longer unlock the via the remote. You can unlock and lock them with the remote as long as the truck doesn't go into sleep mode. The dealership wanted to start with replacing all the door lock solenoids....but they work fine.

Any thoughts?

I've read that it's a problem with the door latch. Instead of having the old-style pin switch that turns the interior lights on, that function is now integrated into the door latch. I dont know if it's serviceable or if you have to replace the whole thing. I dont believe that would effect your key fob though. Mine has this problem on both the front and rear passenger doors but the key fobs work fine. I may be wrong though

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but wouldn't the same sensor turn the lights on and tell the instrument cluster the door is open? Mine shows on the cluster when the door is open but doesn't turn the lights on. It bugs the wife really bad for some reason lol

gr8alarmguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didn't find a fix for my problem in this thread, is there another thread that addresses it? My problem: Upon opening the driver's door after shutting the vehicle down, the interior lights don't come on and the stereo won't shut off. Upon entering the vehicle, the interior lights won't come on. I'm almost sure this is a door switch, do any threads explain how to remove the switch, and how much GM wants for a replacement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar