interior lights wont turn on when door is open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strip5150

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

My 10 hoe's lights wont turn on when the door is opened? Ive tried it with the dimmer dial to the left of the steering wheel pushed in/ left out but still can not get them to work. any ideas?

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a push button switch right near the dial (just above I think) that turns the dome lights on and off. Have you tried pressing that button yet?

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

My 10 hoe's lights wont turn on when the door is opened? Ive tried it with the dimmer dial to the left of the steering wheel pushed in/ left out but still can not get them to work. any ideas?

Just above the dimmer, there is a push button, push it in, and it should turn on your dome lights. Make sure you have the door open so you can see it.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
It took me a while to find this too - it actually seems like you have to push the bezel, not the switch. The markings are confusing (at least to my simple mind).

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I resurrect this thread lol. I have a problem with my 07 that I couldn't care less about but drives my wife crazy. All the light come on when any door but the passenger front door is opened. The instrument cluster says passenger door open but the lights don't come on. Wouldn't the same switch signal both the lights and the message in the cluster?

kalahanmario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Possibly the twitch at the bottom section where the door closes is jammed. Servicing or replacing it should help.

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there is no plunger on the door just a switch in the latch I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442