interior leds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I say anything that lights up when say a door is open should be high powered as possible that will fit. Did you paint over the red door reflector? If so Why? if your lights go out it could be the only way someone would see the door open. Door looks good otherwise. I wanted to do side facing for a little more light. Might help with ground illumination a bit.

You said your hvac head unit is different? no socket?

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres a better rep. of them. dont know if i want to swap them all for brighter. need to see when i get some led dome lights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_antPWeW2zI

yeah my hvac are wired in. mines a 95 and i think 96 they changed it. i want some brighter ones in the doors maybe a lil bit whiter color too. ill put a reflective strip on the bottom of my doors then i didnt like the red color. i want the door switches to actually be visible they barely light up. i can spend like 8 bucks on the normal output ones or like 14 for the high power ones. maybe i should tru the normal if if i dont like brightness then i may take them apart and put a led below each switch.

loks like this

Attachments

• hvac bulb.jpg
    hvac bulb.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Definitely try one normal one fist and then compare to the high power before placing a large order. Saw your videos definitely need some new illumination in there. It almost like the rheostat is turned down.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Here is what a $110 got me for the parking light assemblies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y4hXJ0qSIE&feature=player_profilepage

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im my vid the dome lights are not in because i dont have leds. i want to order these for it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0678883231&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
and for the door switches im going to order the normal neos from sbl i guess and then if its not bright enough get like 50 leds and do this http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...or-tech/465729-obs-window-switch-led-how.html and put 2 leds in each ext. door handle wired into the door lights. stillk dont know how to do about the hvac unless i cut the wires on the socket and solder a led in and glue it in or something

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That guy had sockets that could have been replaced with leds of the same type. I think it just looks bad now. And too damn bright for switches. I would recommend these instead. It is what I used in mine. $7.50 for two sounds way to cheap and it even has 3 more chips on the bulb. Something seems fishy.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should i go with the reg or hp ones then for the switches? mine barely light up now. dont really want em super bright but want them brighter and visible. and is there a light behind the lock switch on drives side? mine doesnt light up but passenger side window and lock light up cuz theres one bulb. want to try and order those tomorrow and from what i read i can get the 74x led from sbl and replace my hvac with em but i cant find them on the site. the cool white has grown on me in the doors. i like it, i guess ill order the domes from sbl as wll when i get a lil more money. going to get some bright ones for the map lights when i change those as well later on. right now i dont want to spend more than 30 on the other bulbs

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I would try the regular one. I think there was a socket bulb for the left lock switch. You will have to pull it to be sure. Note that my window switch module had two different socket and bulbs in it. Over time the bulb develop a film on the inside they kill the output not to mention the colored rubber on it go bad from the heat. These were the 74 type bulbs you see in my hvac head. Next round of leds for me will include trialing these for my map lights. The basic 120's just did nut cut it in the light map assemblies. Wow $80 just for map reading. Got to love it. They may or may not be used all the time. I rarely have anybody with me in the suv I have a nav system in the dash but I like the idea that even though it may be rarely used, when I want it it is there.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

as far as colors go, when I ran thru different built in colors for my a/v head unit white or close to it and green seem to show the best focus of symbols and lettering. red and blue looked kind blurry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so those 74x leds plug into where the stock ones were? i think ill get the normal ones and those dome lights from there and maybe the 4 for the ac controls? so for the rear i forsure have to take the door pannels off do swap em? i leave my back seats down so i may wait till i do stereo to change those. i want blue for all the dash and doors. i just like the way it looks, but a nice white would look good too. i may try those in my map lights too. but i need to find another socket for the console map lights and wire them in first

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The 74x fit into the twist lock sockets that are on the back of my hvac head. I did all four and the a/c and recirc button. Those bulbs were polarized so you may have to flip them a 180 to get them to light up. I have not done door switches yet and there bulbs are smaller but SBL carries those. For the rear I would remove the panel to get the switch out for inspection so as not to damage the trim. I could be wrong but don't take the chance. Another socket? Are you missing truck parts?

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i was looking at my lights and one of my map lights fell out some how. so i took one from my console and put it in. i just played with the overhead ac controls i have and the bulbs pull out so if my ac is like that i should be able to just pull the bulbs outa the harness and replace i may go take that apart real quick. took a pic of the bulb below my lock switch. i dont think it works, i couldnt get the other bulb to come out.

heres the bulb and it compared to a 194. im hoping the ac controls that came in my console are the same as mine in truck.

Attachments

• DSCF0350.jpg
    DSCF0350.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0351.jpg
    DSCF0351.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0352.jpg
    DSCF0352.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0353.jpg
    DSCF0353.jpg