interior leds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put a bunch of the single leds from sbl in my truck did the console blue and the door lights and license plate and under dash in the cool white. has a blueish purple tint to em. still need to replace the dome lights with some. was going to get some off ebay and will see how bright and if they are whiter. if so ill replace the other ones with brighter ones...

but my questions about the door switches and other dash ones. radio im changing so no worried.. but the ac controls have blubs wired in. dont know how i can change the bulb and i took pasenger front controls out and its the neo one i can replace but i think i could tap into the wires and instead have 2 leds for the switches. hoping that would be brighter and light up both switches better. right now its kinda sad how dim they are. has anyone replaced them with the blue bulbs and are they bright? or should i go the other route and put leds behind each switch in the doors . thinking of doing that with the headlight switch too. ive got the interior led craze now after finnaly getting some after wanting them for a while. but now i want them brighter and still have to wire the front map lights in and replace all those with leds. this aint cheap lol

this thread has me thinking led under switches would look better. dad had a rental hyunda and i had all blue switches and guages. looked so good. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16838

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Done my entire truck except warnig lights, interior turn signal bulbs and and window/door switches. But all the one I did had sockets including the hvac head. And yeah the cool white has a minor blue tint.

One definite recommendation is to get the strongest 194/168 that can fit in the map/reading assemblies and maybe remove the lenses. Really dissatisfied with how those came out.

The domes on mine were festoon 211-2 so I got there 6 chip high power smd and they were great. Wish I could fit those everywhere. I also what to go bigger and brighter for all the non instrument ones. I see better solutions with the high power smd types.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

BTW, you ever do the exterior light control mod yet was curious on how it worked out for you?

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which bulbs did you get and are they bright enough? the way it is now it barely light sup my switches. also how do you get the rear widow switches out? like i know what kind they are but i mean like from where. and do you have any pictures? i dont think itd be too hard to put a single led under each switch and im going to need to get some anyways to do the door handle mod so might as well make them bright

and i have not wired in or gotten more lights yet to do the rock lights and i think im going to make the handles light up when you unlock the doors or open them instead by putting 2 blue leds inside the handles.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
For all the 194 type ones I got their 120 degree basic ones. I did not do window or door switches yet but when I had my rear door panels apart for speaker installs it was obvious to me that the best way to get them out without damaging trim was to unsnap it from inside the panel. My 96 had on the left front left had the t-type socket with replaceable bulb but not the mirror control(most likely solder in) will have to look at right front door soon. the front assemblies come off easy. The rear door panel may not come off again for a few month. Need more panel fasteners first.
Used the amber's for the two front marker lights and also changed out the flasher unit so I can get rid of all the load resistor blocks that came with my parking light and tail assemblies. Used t-types for the havc head. I am most likely to get the high-power smd for the reading/map lamps and get rid of the lenses. Will probably get 360 or tri-wing types for the floor if they can fit with out obstructions. I want to leave the dash lighting with the led bulbs I have now for safety reasons. Would like to fit the side facing multi-led chip long 194 type bulbs to the door marker for a little more light but the 194 leds there now are pretty good and the socket orientation has to be checked. Want to also get some brighter 360 type for plate at rear. the 120's did good but had to break off plastic lenses cause could not clean them out and of course the side of the light bulb is what has a straight view of the plate. Bumper may change though one day too. Still have reverse to do. I can give recommendation for another set of changes but have no verified the door marker will oriented correctly yet I have to pull on out and do some measuring. Basicly looking for clear and brighter then before for indicator or lights on ilumination with out glare but door or manual on must look like a flash bang(hehe)effect. I anticipate my next oreder will be about $150

My first order below. Was about $88 with priority mail.
---------- PRODUCT INFORMATION ---------- Qty | Product / Options | Price/ea | ============================================================ 2 | 4210-xHP6: 6 High Power LED Festoon Bulb | $ 14.95 | 4210-CWHP6: Cool White ------------------------------------------------------------ 20 | WLED-x-x: 1 LED Wedge Base Bulb | $ 1.39 | WLED-W-120: Cool White 120 Degree ------------------------------------------------------------ 1 | EP29L: LED Bulb Flasher Unit | $ 12.95 | ------------------------------------------------------------ 2 | WLED-x-x: 1 LED Wedge Base Bulb | $ 0.79 | WLED-A-120: Amber 120 Degree ------------------------------------------------------------ 6 | 74-x: Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 1.19 | 74-W: Cool White ------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

BTW, I have the front left master door window switch bulbs still out and they are two different sizes but in sockets and SBL carries them both. Will get any pics of what I have now up shortly.

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ii know the headlight switch and pasenger front has the neo type that i can replace easily. should i get the standard or high power ones for the doors? still gotta figure out how to do the ac controls. thers pics of mine. guages dont look that purple its just the camera

Attachments

• DSCF0339.jpg
    DSCF0339.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0346.jpg
    DSCF0346.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0345.jpg
    DSCF0345.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 49

X3N0N

Reaction score
So the picture makes it look like it has a purple tint to it? I kinda like the purple tint, different from the blue. I changed out all mine awhile back but just recently took pictures of it all. I chose the green tho with a combo of cool white and natural white for the inside. Also changed all the exteriors, LP and reverse light to natural white.

Attachments

• IMG_0333[1].jpg
    IMG_0333[1].jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0335[1].jpg
    IMG_0335[1].jpg
    95 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0336[1].jpg
    IMG_0336[1].jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 45

Forum statistics

Threads