Interchangeable???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
OK so here i go again! Ive been wanting to lower my 2003 chevy tahoe 4wd for a while now, and seeing as my front shocks are junk now i want to lower the truck at the same time since ill already be in there and you can get a kit with shocks. I was cruising through craigslist and someone is parting out a "2002 GMC Denali with a 6.0 awd i beleive. He has a 3/4 DJM spindle and spring kit with 4 shocks in good working condition for $250. Are the tahoe and yukon lowering kits interchangable??

OP
OP
HoeRyder26

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
im starting to think that he has the "Lower control arm kit". Which in my case wont work as i have the Torsion Bars in my ride. I asked him for more info but im waiting on a reply. If anyone has anymore input feel free to chime in!!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 Denali XL AWD.

Definitely has torsion bars, and suspension just like the 4wd trucks.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

There are coil over conversions available.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

im starting to think that he has the "Lower control arm kit". Which in my case wont work as i have the Torsion Bars in my ride. I asked him for more info but im waiting on a reply. If anyone has anymore input feel free to chime in!!

Show us the post

Or quote it atleast

OP
OP
HoeRyder26

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
"It's a DJM 3/4 it's rear springs lower front control arms n shocks"

That's what he said when I asked the manufacturer of the kit. I'm unfamiliar with the "lower control arm" kit. I thought there was only spindles and torsion kits for those years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/5001417399.html

There's the page, tell me what you think. Maybe I'm just being old confused me again lmao

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can lower the front of a NBS with spindles, torsion keys, or lower control arms. Or any combination of the three. There is also a way to eliminate the torsion bars completely and go to a coil over setup which is a great option.

For 250 bucks, I would not pass that kit up. The control arms alone are worth that and more.

OP
OP
HoeRyder26

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
That's the price of the shocks alone even with my discount at Napa. I'm still waiting on his response to pick it up next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667