Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saul perez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What intakes y'all got and how much of a difference did it make

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spectre with an AEM dry filter, And even though they`ve been dyno tested and do make extra horsepower you will never feel a difference.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What intakes y'all got and how much of a difference did it make

"Intake" meaning some expensive plastic tube & open air filter? isn't going to do anything until you increase the throttle body bore. But there's no point unless you are upgrading the top end and trying to cram every lb/ft of air possible. Save your money for a full blown mod or maintenance items like brake pads & oil changes.

5dollar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chubbs, so what about wrapping the air box and intake tube with heat reflecting material to help cool air coming in?

In theory this should improve performance but not likely enough to make a difference you would notice.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Intake" meaning some expensive plastic tube & open air filter? isn't going to do anything until you increase the throttle body bore. But there's no point unless you are upgrading the top end and trying to cram every lb/ft of air possible. Save your money for a full blown mod or maintenance items like brake pads & oil changes.
Actually our TB's are plenty big enough all the way to 500 hp or better. A bigger one is a waste of money unless you manage 550 hp or more. I'm running a stock one with a Whipple, headers and next week a cam. And I'm still pulling plenty of air through the stock TB.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually our TB's are plenty big enough all the way to 500 hp or better. A bigger one is a waste of money unless you manage 550 hp or more. I'm running a stock one with a Whipple, headers and next week a cam. And I'm still pulling plenty of air through the stock TB.

I believe you. What is stock mm anyway? I saw 90mm TB bore (aftermarket) & like WTF....

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory this should improve performance but not likely enough to make a difference you would notice.
Right. The whole theory behind air intake is colder, faster, and largest quantity possible. Until you have a charger hooked up to an intercooler you aren't doing much of anything. The free-flow or open cone underneath the hood is actually drawing less, & much warmer air than the factory intake having outside air from the fenderwell rammed in.

Last edited:

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
I have an Airaid system with the cone filter and intake tube still sucking air from the factory location but when using my predator scanner the intake air temps seems to climb rapidly at a stop light or stop and go traffic usually 20-30° higher at times...what could that be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700