installing a leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pm80

Reaction score
Anyone who has installed a leveling kit. How hard is it. Any special tools needed any tricks that worked well? I have mine in my garage and am going to try to install next week. Just wanted a heads up on any problems I might have.

thommybee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nahh its easy......its much better if you have another person to help you out tho.

OP
OP
P

pm80

Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I can turn a wrench, just never messed with the suspension.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward....but like mentioned previously, it's much easier if you have someone handy to help out.

Reaction score
Just ordered the ccm kit today! Those of you who have installed already, are there any special tools that are needed besides the metric stuff....floor jacks..etc?

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def need 2 people. Sawzall to cut the strut bolt tips, or you could use a hacksaw but it would take a while. I didnt do the rear myself but the guy who did it for me said it was kind of a pain. I couldnt get the rear high enough to get the spring out, might want to try a spring compressor but Im not sure if that helps.

Reaction score
If you didn't have the hacksaw would it be a problem? Or is there a way around it that you know of...

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you have to cut the top of the strut studs for the 2 1/2" spacer to fit over the top of the strut. The strut studs are about 3" tall which means the 2 1/2" will now fit. You can buy a hacksaw cheap at any hardware store, I also used a lubricant so it did not heat up and damage the blade but you dant have to.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also getting ready to put in my leveling kit but i haven't heard/read of cutting anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076