Installed McGaughy's 2/3 and have issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Installed my 2/3 from McGaughy's and I am very happy with the height and ride, however, I have had an issue with it. A few times making hard turns (slow u turns) I get the traction control light blinking and sometimes if I am braking making a hard turn (u turn or pulling in a parking space) the abs kicks in even when no needed. I double checked that I put the ABS sensors back in the hubs... Any ideas?
Thanks,
Evan

ducpanda11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so do you have air shocks in the back? Did you make sure none of the air levers are bent?

Is the kit spindles and coils?

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size are your tires? This issue is probably due to your tires being a different height than stock. When turning sharp it will think the tires are spinning or sliding so it will enable the traction control system. The only way to have this fixed is to reprogram the ECM for the new tire size....which requires a custom tune. The crappy handheld tuners can't do that.

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have air suspension and the kit is spindles, shock extenders and springs...

Tires are 295/35/24. Never had this problem before lowering though (ran these wheels and tires for 2 weeks before lowering).
Thanks for any help!
Evan

ducpanda11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you bend any of the abs lines when dropping the rear axle? Have you tried taking the 24"s off and putting your stock wheels and tires and and turning to see if it does the same thing...?

Thats what i did.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure that the bolts on the hubs are tight? Are the hubs worn out at all? How many miles on the truck? The reason why I ask is because a buddys truck was doing the same thing with the ABS and I found out it was caused by a worn out front hub bearing. The truck was all stock height though.

Just throwing out some ideas for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you bend any of the abs lines when dropping the rear axle? Have you tried taking the 24"s off and putting your stock wheels and tires and and turning to see if it does the same thing...?

Thats what i did.
I didn't put the dust sheilds back on the front and had to zip tie th abs sensor wire up out of the way so it is a bit "kinked" but its just an electronic signal right, should matter? I might play with the position of that a bit and see if it improves, only thing that went back on different...

As for the rear, I don't believe so, but I will check to be sure as I never touched them so maybe I needed to before I dropped the rear and forgot...

Haven't tried taking the wheels off yet, but I will if I have to just to see...

Thanks for the ideas, I will look into them!
Evan

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Are you absoutely sure that the bolts on the hubs are tight? Are the hubs worn out at all? How many miles on the trucke reason why I ask is because a buddys truck was doing the same thing with the ABS and I found out it was caused by a worn out front hub bearing. The truck was all stock height though.

Just throwing out some ideas for you.
Just bought the truck with 49K miles, but the truck has A LOT of rust underneith and on suspension components so its very possible that they could be worn, just concerned as the truck never did this until the suspension install... I will check all the hub bolts to ensure they are tight.

Thanks,
Evan

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also jack it up and check for any play in the hub bearing. It pretty common for hub bearings to go out on the NBS trucks and SUVs but I am not sure if they did anything different on the 07s and I own one. LOL

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked everything up front and all looks well (sensors are in place, hubs are tight, no play in hubs, etc.). Going to check the rears tomorrow (ran out of time).
Evan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65