Install OEM Navigation on Tahoe LTZ w/Bose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sultan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Folks... you first have to excuse my ignorance but I just added the forum. I was wondering if anyone can help/advise me with regards to installing the OEM Navigation to my Chevy Tahoe LTZ 2008. I have a Bose sound system, with a 6 indash CD changer.

I have been told that there are some things I have to look out for while upgrading the sound system. I have also been told that the dealership could do it for around $2500 USD !!!!

Can I also install a rear view cam? Any advise would be highly appreciated folks.

Regards,
SS

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2500 is way to much although thays what the dealer sells em for. Ive seen some on ebay, but be careful not all are the same. Theres some for bose and non bose. You are going to have to get the antenna and the map disc. Ive seen some bundles run up to 1200 new.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have an 08 Tahoe LTZ w/ Bose and 6 disc cd changer. I ended up going with the AVIC-Z110BT from Pioneer. It's a 7" nav double din that is flush mount and looks pretty factory. I got it on amazon along with all the add on's and rear cam for less then 1200 total. It also has bluetooth audio/phone calls/sd card/usb/ipod hook up. Good aftermarket solution for half the price. The factory screen is only 6.5" and is very limited and has outdated maps : /

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ + 1

If you're lucky enough not to have a factory system in there there's no reason whatsoever to put one in ... there are many far superior nav/audio systems that aren't on the antiquated DVD nav platform GM uses which give you a LOT more options.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ + 1

If you're lucky enough not to have a factory system in there there's no reason whatsoever to put one in ... there are many far superior nav/audio systems that aren't on the antiquated DVD nav platform GM uses which give you a LOT more options.

I happened to get a fully loaded LTZ aside from power steps/rear entertainment/nav screen. Probably the three most expensive pieces that are on the car that I could live without and could replace if I really wanted. Plus the rear entertainment drop down makes you lose visibility from the rear view mirror. If anything, i'd get monitors in the headrests rather then the rear nav entertainment that GM offers.

dragland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I happened to get a fully loaded LTZ aside from power steps/rear entertainment/nav screen. Probably the three most expensive pieces that are on the car that I could live without and could replace if I really wanted. Plus the rear entertainment drop down makes you lose visibility from the rear view mirror. If anything, i'd get monitors in the headrests rather then the rear nav entertainment that GM offers.

The drop down RSE monitor only blocks the inside rear view mirror if you have a sunroof.

bonedog

Reaction score
I can't answer all your questions BUT I just replaced the OEM Nav unit in my '07 Yukon Bose systems with one with a DVD player. I'd like to sell the one I took out but it looks like you have to have 80 posts before listing something here for sale. No offense, but I don't have 80 things to discuss about my Yukon quite yet... :)

If you're interested, email me at chris(dot)bone at SbCglobal (dot) net and I'll be glad to discuss.

Last edited:

bonedog

Reaction score
Just bumping up my post. Used the new system this past week to/from Colorado with the GMX550 and everything worked like a charm. If anyone's needing to upgrade to Navigation, see my post above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Possumcop