Info on doing a 6 inch rough country lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt think you had to get a new driveshaft if you have the push button. I thought it was just for the push button that had the automatic setting on it for 4x4. ANyone wanna clear that up?

OP
OP
S

SCHUBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If ur 2 door has the 4x4 shifter on the floor, then you wont need that drive shaft. Its only needed if ur rig has the push button 4x4. I have the RXC kit with 35s. you will definetly need to regear after putting on the bigger tires. Also, after you install the lift, you will need to have a muffler shop replace a section of the exhaust that needs to be cut out due to front drive shaft being in the way.

Alright ya i have push button so i will need the different front drive shaft

With the 35's did you have to do any trimming?

and how is breaking with the 35's i only wonder cause i tow a trailer probably 5-8 times in the summer, it is a inclosed trailer not big enough for a full car but big enough for my buddies race are(based off of a VW Bettle chassis) tools, and camping gear, probably 2,000 TO 2,500LBS NO TRAILER BRAKES. so this worries me going to too big of a tire, cause 35's seem like a lot of rotating mass

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have to change out your drive shaft I would go with a tom woods. I got 2 on my jeep (front and rear) and I love them. I do have to admit I beat the hell out of my little jeep and when something does brake I put on stronger parts. When I do the lift on my hoe that what I'm going with.

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt think you had to get a new driveshaft if you have the push button. I thought it was just for the push button that had the automatic setting on it for 4x4. ANyone wanna clear that up?

Only if you have the auto 4wd option mine is push button without auto 4wd so i didn't need the new driveshaft.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only if you have the auto 4wd option mine is push button without auto 4wd so i didn't need the new driveshaft.

Okay thats what i was looking for... Mine doesnt have auto 4x4, so i dont need the new shaft. Thanks

OP
OP
S

SCHUBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

SWEET!!! money saved, and here i thought it sucked that my truck did not have auto 4WD.

nastynate

Reaction score
qegy7epe.jpgtheres mine with a 6/35 combo. Have any more question holla

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
S

SCHUBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
qegy7epe.jpgtheres mine with a 6/35 combo. Have any more question holla

Your truck looks sick! exactly the look i am going for. Couple questions.

Did you have to do any trimming?

What lift did you use?

What size tires are you running?

Did you have to use any wheel spacers?

What gears are you running?

Any suprises during install?

nastynate

Reaction score
Wow.. Rcx 6" (4dr tb drop..extra) rear sway bar..extra standard shocks. No running boards trimmed fenders.35/12.50/22 Be prepaired for broken bolts. Give yourself time.
Dont be afraid of a sawsall..lmao. Flip the frint sway bar over when you have all the shit apart.. Havnt done gears yet but when i do im going with 4.56.hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10