Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly Tony,
I run my family’s two car dealerships and spend my spare time tinkering with stuff in my workshop. I hadn’t really considered selling these. I have pretty high standards when I market a product, whatever it may be. If I was going to sell these, I would need to do more work to make them as “perfect” as possible. I don’t like putting my name on anything that isn’t at least 99% out of the factory looking 100% operational (tried and true), if that makes sense.

What’s acceptable for me and my truck doesn’t necessarily mean it’s acceptable to someone who’s spending their hard earned money.

Truly don’t have an answer for you at the moment.
I feel you. My free time is crammed as well. My wife has the illuminated star on her Benz and I’m trying to 1 up her lol. Kidding it looks sharp though

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
I feel you. My free time is crammed as well. My wife has the illuminated star on her Benz and I’m trying to 1 up her lol. Kidding it looks sharp though
*****… that’s exactly the same reason I made mine. Brilliant minds think alike.

Attachments

• 8563C4DC-7CEF-46F0-9D54-61AEEFB4B128.jpeg
    8563C4DC-7CEF-46F0-9D54-61AEEFB4B128.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 25

thablkmagic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I recently added a illuminated emblem to my 2015 GMC Yukon Denali. I was wondering if at all possible to match the color of the DRLs to the 6500k emblem? I haven’t had much luck looking online as they all seem to have poor reviews.

Anyone have experience changing the DRL inside the headlight assembly? And if so what brand?

Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hello I have a 2015 yukon denali just like u do how do I get the illuminated logo cause the ones I have been asking bout they say it will not fit and would only fit 22- 23 yukons please help me out

thablkmagic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I have a 2015 yukon denali just like u do how do I get the illuminated logo cause the ones I have been asking bout they say it will not fit and would only fit 22- 23 yukons please help me out
I think I need a part number

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

*****… that’s exactly the same reason I made mine. Brilliant minds think alike.

That shíts funny right there.

@Mitchell0827 You can change the LED DRL but it is very involved. As you can imagine you are opening up the headlight. The “C” shape of the LES DRL can be difficult to maintain and follow with some LED strips out there. Not all of them can bend as easy or be manipulated to follow the same shape/channel for the LED DRL without damaging the LEDs.

If you’ve ever done a headlight projector retrofit on your own I’m sure you could figure it out.

I’m confident in saying it would be way easier to remake your emblem in 5000K than to open up the headlights and change out the factory DRL LEDs.

Nice work on the emblem!

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly Tony,
I run my family’s two car dealerships and spend my spare time tinkering with stuff in my workshop. I hadn’t really considered selling these. I have pretty high standards when I market a product, whatever it may be. If I was going to sell these, I would need to do more work to make them as “perfect” as possible. I don’t like putting my name on anything that isn’t at least 99% out of the factory looking 100% operational (tried and true), if that makes sense.

What’s acceptable for me and my truck doesn’t necessarily mean it’s acceptable to someone who’s spending their hard earned money.

Truly don’t have an answer for you at the moment.
That’s way cooler than anything I could make for my truck! Sheeeet, I’d buy the original piece off you if it were to no longer be on the truck if you made another one! Lol. Doesn’t have to be perfect because it’s be way cooler than my current logo :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557