Ill be starting to replace rear suspension soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sentry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I got (99 2wd 4dr Tahoe)
Dayton Leak Springs
Bilstein HD 4600 Shocks

Parts to put springs on from LMC
U Bolts
Shackels
Bolts
Nuts
Spacer
Anchor Plate

Only thing I didnt get (that I think I dont need) was the bushings for the leaf springs. The springs I got from Dayton appear to have them in there. Am I wrong?

Other than that I have two
3 ton hydrologic jack
3 ton jack stands
2 ton jack stands
5 wheel chalks (Just want to be safe)
Pretty sure all the tools I need to do the job.

Should I replace the front hangers?
Should I replace the bolts and nuts for the shocks?

Outside of all that, I am thinking I am ready to start lifting the vehicle and removing things. Any tips? Things I should do first?
I have never done this before, and only have Chilton and Haynes manuals to go by. There arent to many youtube videos I have found on Tahoes and the rear end.
If you can find one please post it for me.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Can a brother get a spell check please?

Since it is four door be prepared to move the fuel tank to access one of the spring bolts. Otherwise go with what you got but replace the bushing on the springs and hangers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sentry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you order from LMC check your order to ensure everything updated. That's where I ended up not ordering another 103 dollars worth of parts. Setting me back another couple of weeks on getting busy.

So if I have to move the fuel tank, should it be empty? How do I go about moving it? Best way?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Yes empty unless you like the extra weight. It has straps that need ti get unbolted

OP
OP
S

Sentry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhg, well looks like Im going to get to try out the siphon hoses I have... Be good learning for the wife as well I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan88