Iffy On Towing a 32' Wellcraft CCF (~10k lbs), With My '99 2 Door...!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote no,I towed my 96 2 door home when i purchased it with a blown engine on an 18 ft equipment trailer with surge brakes(8500 lbs) it was a scary 150 miles.

The bad thing is If you were to get in an accident you can be held criminally responsible.

OP
OP
S

SeanEboy

Reaction score
Hey, appreciate the input all.. I knew it was a bad idea.. I was only going to do it if everyone was giving me the go ahead... Which obviously didn't happen. Got a 2500HD to do the job, and it did so quite well. Now, the problem is, I want to buy that truck.... ;c) 6.0, long bed, nice setup...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ive towed about 8-10k for a shitload of trips when i bought 70k bricks.... I also towed around 12k in my 2wd ram so... If u got balls i say do it. I would.... Btw i also have a 2dr but its a 94 and its a tbi

Monzter Mike

Reaction score
I would never tow a 10,000-12,000 lbs trailer with surge brakes behind my Tahoe, or even with a 3/4 ton Suburban. It will push you, and if you can't apply just the trailer brakes to slow the trailer down when it starts pushing you it could get hairy. I'd find someone with a 1 ton truck, preferably a dually to tow it. When towing heavy size matters, wider & longer is better, my extended cab dually tows stuff behind it that you wouldn't even know it was there if you didn't see it in the rear view mirror.

Last edited:

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On this same topic, is the engine the limiting factor with OBS Tahoes (5.7L gas and 6.5L diesel) or is the frame what's preventing it from towing more?

Monzter Mike

Reaction score
On this same topic, is the engine the limiting factor with OBS Tahoes (5.7L gas and 6.5L diesel) or is the frame what's preventing it from towing more?

It doesn't take to much weight to start loading down the rear suspension on my Tahoe till I'm on the bump stops. Installing overload bags & weight distributing hitch, will help with distributing the weight to all the wheels & help gain some stability to keep from getting sway with a heavy load.

One of my buddies did bend the frame on his 96 Yukon towing his brother's bagged 65 C10 with a big block when it was aired out on a car trailer, he said it felt like he was hauling a tractor. I have seen a couple other Tahoes & Yukons with the hitch bent downwards too.

As far as engine size goes a small block will do the job. I've got a couple friends with 5.7L duallies who haul just fine, my 454 just takes less effort to get the load going & my mileage isn't much different than one with a 5.7L engines.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't take to much weight to start loading down the rear suspension on my Tahoe till I'm on the bump stops. Installing overload bags & weight distributing hitch, will help with distributing the weight to all the wheels & help gain some stability to keep from getting sway with a heavy load.

One of my buddies did bend the frame on his 96 Yukon towing his brother's bagged 65 C10 with a big block when it was aired out on a car trailer, he said it felt like he was hauling a tractor. I have seen a couple other Tahoes & Yukons with the hitch bent downwards too.

As far as engine size goes a small block will do the job. I've got a couple friends with 5.7L duallies who haul just fine, my 454 just takes less effort to get the load going & my mileage isn't much different than one with a 5.7L engines.

Good to know, thanks. So if I got a 6" suspension lift, I could pretty much kiss towing goodbye then? Since the trailer weight would kill and destroy my rear suspension?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
some of it it suspension load and some is engine setup. and even more some is the rear end gearing. look at the tow ratings in the owners guide and you will see how it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog