I wanna put a iPad in my dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to do it but may I ask why?

There are some really good mounts, including locking ones from RAM, and you can take it with you and update it and use it as you wish.

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I saw a guy some where and thought it was cool. And I'd like to have one while I have some money.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the thing about the iPad is that you have to connect it to iTunes to update it's video content. You really don't want it permanently stuck in there. Plus it's almost impossible to type at that angle. IMHO you're better off buying one of those all in one nav/DVD/mp3 units.

Btw, I'm typing this from an iPad I had mounted earlier to my truck. Had to drive up to NYC today from DC, used it for media in the vehicle and now using it for the webs. Perfect for short trips when you don't wanna carry a laptop, but only if you can dismount it from the car and take it with you. :)

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate apple products in general.. but if you youtube ipad builds there are a bunch , just be aware you still need a processor... even if its a single din headunit hidden somewhere.. to make things simple and provide the pre outs and so forth you want..

As far as updates.. yea.. apple sucks.. but you CAN update it in the car from your laptop or ((shudder)) mac book. Or using drop box or just linking it to your computers network and pull from there.

Last edited:

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate apple products in general.. but if you youtube ipad builds there are a bunch , just be aware you still need a processor... even if its a single din headunit hidden somewhere.. to make things simple and provide the pre outs and so forth you want..

As far as updates.. yea.. apple sucks.. but you CAN update it in the car from your laptop or ((shudder)) mac book. Or using drop box or just linking it to your computers network and pull from there.

I'm assuming you are a linux guy? Windows, even 7, is severly behind the times. OSX and iOS is far superior to anything else "on the market". There are some really nice flavors of linux out there but the support for programs and externals just isn't quite there (although much better recently) Jailbreaking iOS and to me it's the best hand held operating system there is. I'm not trying to start the oh so ridiculous debate between apple fans and apple haters, just curious to what you use. Zune?? Talk about shudder haha

Well, the thing about the iPad is that you have to connect it to iTunes to update it's video content.
If you jailbreak (which is legal now :D ) you can update over wifi, assuming you can get close enough to your house to get wifi. Although you would want to be able to get that thing out to use it elsewhere anyway.

Last edited:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are a linux guy? Windows, even 7, is severly behind the times. OSX and iOS is far superior to anything else "on the market". There are some really nice flavors of linux out there but the support for programs and externals just isn't quite there (although much better recently) Jailbreaking iOS and to me it's the best hand held operating system there is. I'm not trying to start the oh so ridiculous debate between apple fans and apple haters, just curious to what you use. Zune?? Talk about shudder haha

Just a brief thread jack but.. my issue with apple is simple.. and 2 fold.. A: apple fans (i dont know you so im not refering to you directly) but mindless drones who repeat anecdotal evidences and half truths just because there buddys moms uncles dog walkers sister once said it..
"iPodz R 733t!!"
Why?
"uhmm cuz dey r DUH!"
So.. you dont know why.. you just know they are better?
"yea.. cuz dey has gb and all my bois have dem and dey dont git virus's"
::me walking away::

Plus i hate not having drag and drop storage and being forced to run (and leave running in the freaking back ground unless i close it via task manager) i tunes to do ANYTHING

And no.. when it comes to handheld im running an HD2(WinMo) Nand flashed to android 2.4 from the GalaxyS and overclocked undervolted and running at 1.7g with a 3 day heavy use battery life.

That being said..

Fishman built the sexiest ipad dock yet..

[yt]1TaVigs8Who[/yt]

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A: apple fans (i dont know you so im not refering to you directly) but mindless drones who repeat anecdotal evidences and half truths just because there buddys moms uncles dog walkers sister once said it.

:gayfight:

[drone] Wait, so you don't want me to be reading TYF on mah iPad whist I'm driving? [/drone]

picture.php

:)

Last edited:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flush mounted one is a 13.5 inch touch screen pc... so i have done a lil bit of driving and TYF'ing myself.. ;)

l.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite