I think my local dealer is on crack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$29.99 for a oil change with regular oil. Not too bad.

However, they want $89.99 for a synthetic oil change! That's an "additional" $12 per quart for the synthetic!:shakehead:

FWIW, I would never let a dealer do something as simple as an oil change.

Attachments

• crazy oil change price.JPG
    crazy oil change price.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I provide them with the oil and they rotate my tires and hand wash it for $30.00. But you're rite, they do charge excessively for BS. They wanted almost $800.00 for a full brake job, fortunately it was a CLN with a bumper to bumper warranty and they did it for free.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go to Walmart or Costco....6 qts of Mobil 1 for less than $30. My dealer charges $15 for the filter, labor and disposal. And he has a lube rack just off the service drive and doesn't care if I stand and watch. Can't ask for much more than that....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't let Walmart within 10 feet of any of my vehicles.

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't let Walmart within 10 feet of any of my vehicles.

Agreed. I know too many people that have horror stories from them.

My dealer charges $70 for Mobile 1 and a tire rotation. I pay it because I'm lazy and I don't have anyone to change my oil. If I was more diligent, I would wait until Mobile 1 went on sale and have it changed, but I am lazy and don't have time for that.

Phil DeVtec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay anybody to do an oil change on my car. Easiest and most simple thing to do to your car.

OP
OP
njracer

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay anybody to do an oil change on my car. Easiest and most simple thing to do to your car.

^^^^^this^^^^^

30 years driving and I've only paid a shop once to change my oil.....and only did it because I was paying to have the gf's truck changed (Range Rover) and since we were there, had them do my truck as well.

1st and last time I ever had anyone else do simple service on any of my cars or motorcycles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts