I need to VENT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt the miles on that truck are correct, a 4 year old truck with 29K miles sounds VERY low unless Grandma was driving it. Most likely someone tampered with that odometer before selling the truck to the dealer.

Im taking a wild guess and gonna say that odomoter has been tampered with

so much so you posted your theory twice :elephant:

PeteKT

Reaction score
so much so you posted your theory twice :elephant:

I swear I scrolled up and down looking for my post and missed it and now its there i thought it didnt go through.

Oh well i made my point twice

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha....it happens :D

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune with your ride. Its definitely frustrating.
I went through similar issues with my previous Tahoe.
It certainly helps to be mechanically inclined though. Its also another reason for joining forums like this one. You meet cool people who are willing to help you out when you're in a bind. I very rarely go to any dealer, if its too big of a job (internals, tranny or engine) I'll bring it a local guy before getting jacked by the dealer. Otherwise, I do everything myself.
You should grab a Chiltons and Haynes manual and just go through it for future references if anything else goes down the road.

A year later, I get a check engine light so I bring the car into the dealership and the charcoal filter in my gas tank went bad

This can be caused by topping off your tank. Getting that extra half gallon or so is great at the time but will kill you in the end. When the pump stops automatically, stop......

Have you decided on what tranny you're going to get? Reman or aftermarket?

I hope you get everything worked out.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your probs. I have purchased a lot of vehicles throughout the years. Some good an some bad. I do think what many of you are saying about auctions though is not true. You would be surprised how many vehicles actually are sold at auction and how many dealers buy and sell. They are not reserved for beaten, salvage vehicles or crap. Yes, there are bad cars but there are tons of good cars and many are just lease returns etc. You could buy a lease return or trade from a dealer too but how do you know it's any good? Cars break down and maintenance is just part of the game. A lot of you issues are maintenance (brakes, tires) and some aren't but I don't think it's because it's a auction car. The sunroof issue really has nothing to do with the fact that it is a Tahoe. Aftermarket sunroofs are notorious for leaks and problems and I would Never buy a car with one. It isn't a factory installed feature so not relative to the car being a lemon. 29000 mi in 4 years is low but not that low. I actually don't put more than 8000 mi a year on my truck so I guess I can attest to it being possible...I just live close to work and don't need to travel great distances.
I have dumped a lot of money in my ruck too. Aftermarket goodies, maintenance stuff and stuff that has broke. It's part of owning a car and unless it's new you are bound to run into problems. Being less versed in how a vehicle's mechanicals work often results in premature failure of components because the owner doesn't understand what driving behaviour can do more damage. For example, many friends I know downshift when going down a hill to save the brakes. I, on the other hand, believe this is not a wise practice. Brakes are dirt cheap to replace compared to a transmission. Many people beat on their own cars unknowingly and then complain when they break. It's all about how you treat it. I don't believe in the concept of a car being a lemon these days. Every car is literally manufactured entirely by machines on an assembly line and are all identical. Of course, there are exceptions and some of the process is still intervened by human hands but in general they leave the factory all the same. It's the driver (most of the time) who accelerates the problems.
I'm not saying you did it...it may have been the guy before but shit happens. Auction or not though, you are always taking a risk on a used car. At auction at least you'll pay a lot less and have some cash left over for repairs.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear your having trouble with your truck... i have a thing where i never buy cars with way lower mileage than they should (unless its a pleasure car). ive bought 2 trucks with way low mileage that were never driven and they were the biggest lemons ever. the brakes even went out on me once on the highway and i had to use the ebrake to stop the thing. besides that some cars are just lemons plain and simple. ive owned a total of 6 gm trucks and theyve all besides 1 really have been very reliable and good to me...

maybe you missed something about the trucks past in the buying process? sounds fishy why a truck with 29k went to an auction..a truck like that should of sold fast

OP
OP
dkman610

dkman610

Reaction score
I swear I scrolled up and down looking for my post and missed it and now its there i thought it didnt go through.

Oh well i made my point twice

Hi Pete, I did look into that when the master cylinder went out because I thought it was too soon.

Apparently a couple in VA owned the truck before I did, that's all I could tell, and from some google searches I found out there were well into their 50's if that means anything.

So safe to say no odometer tampering, plus the carfax came back with close to same miles when I picked the truck up.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Thank you all for your words. I tell ya it's been an unlucky SOB that's for sure!
I wish I were more mechanically inclined, I'm not completely in the dark, however, time is not on my side, and the way the newer GM's are built they do make it frustrating to complete a simple task just by all the extra "plastic" and casings around things.
I'm not afraid to get in there if/when I have time, but my worst nightmare would be to damage the thing while its in my garage and me having to deal with moving it elsewhere to repair what I damaged, which would end up costing me 2x the original cost.
The dealership is less than a mile from me so I do succumb to that. Their pricing is through the roof.

Let's add ANOTHER funny thing (you guys are going to really get on me for this one!)
I got the truck back last Monday (took them less than a day) and they dented the drivers side fender up by the hood! They're denying they did it but are now investigating because the damage had to be done while the hood was up due to the nature of the dents on the top of the fender.. I just can't win with this thing though....

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I hate to hear about all those issues. At the same time, glad I wasn't the only one with major issues with their 2007. I had a 2007 Yukon and had to replace:

1. Rear Diff
2. Transmission (TWICE REALLY?!?!?!)
3. Speed sensor
4. Both lower control arms (which I decided to drop the truck, so not too bad!)

So I understand your frustration. It maybe due to the first year for the body style change. I always have heard don't ever buy the first year they change the body style. I have a 2010 Tahoe now, and no issues so far (knock on wood!) Good luck!!

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you decided on what tranny you're going to get? Reman or aftermarket?

I hope you get everything worked out.

He may not have a choice in the matter if the Tahoe is still under warranty. There's still a lot of 2007 Chevrolet Tahoes and Suburbans still running around with the 5 year / 100 mile warranty still in place. Especially if they shipped to the dealer late and sat on the lot for a while before being sold.

OP
OP
dkman610

dkman610

Reaction score
Wow, I hate to hear about all those issues. At the same time, glad I wasn't the only one with major issues with their 2007. I had a 2007 Yukon and had to replace:

1. Rear Diff
2. Transmission (TWICE REALLY?!?!?!)
3. Speed sensor
4. Both lower control arms (which I decided to drop the truck, so not too bad!)

So I understand your frustration. It maybe due to the first year for the body style change. I always have heard don't ever buy the first year they change the body style. I have a 2010 Tahoe now, and no issues so far (knock on wood!) Good luck!!

OMG yeah that's obnoxious, sounds like we're in the same boat my friend but seriously TWICE on the transmission?!?!?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93