I hate when this happens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pull back into the parking lot at work after lunch, back into a spot and park. I get out and set my alarm and another guy is parking next to me. After taking about 20 steps i hear my alarm going off. I knew what happened, the winds today are blowing like crazy, gotta hold on to your door or it will fly open. I start walking back toward my yukon and this guy is saying what happened. I asked him if he hit my door, no resonse from him. I look at his door and clearly see white specs of paint on his red door. I look at my back door and see the paint removed and told him "here is what happened".

Oh well, went in our building and had the security guard take our info and to witness the guy telling me he would pay for it. Doesn't want to claim it on his insurance for such a small incident. Still sucks though. Can probably fix it myself.

Attachments

• IMG00323.jpg
    IMG00323.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 78

GMC Yukon

Reaction score
Your alot nicer tham me... If he started to tell me that BS. I mit of grabed him by his Balls untill he broke out a check book.... lol Sorry it happen and hope he pays to fix it!

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I say this happened at work? Not worth losing my job over. He knew he messed up, now had this happened away from work, i would have said i need your insurance info.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he started to tell me that BS. I mit of grabed him by his Balls untill he broke out a check book....

Well, grabbing guys' balls in parking lots for money isn't my 'thing' but whatever makes you happy. :D

Sorry this happened My01yuk, but at least you ran into what seems to be a stand up guy ... and no foreplay was required to get his insurance and personal details. :)

Last edited:

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad it happened when u could work it out with the responsible party. My wife thought i was too **** when we first got married but now she is "trained" well too. no parking anywhere near people, and always beside a curb spot and never down wind from anything. doors can blow just like this when someone chooses to park there....shopping carts can blow (always love the idiot who thinks the safe parking spot is right next to the cart return hahaa) and all sorts of things. sometimes people go out of their way to make **** happen to nice people like us though.

luckily for me...at work, i park my pickup between the motorycle garage and one of those "your speed is___" radar trailers. no way for me to get dings haha.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That does suck. Accidents do happen though and hopefully the guy will hold his end of the bargain and pay for the damages.

OP
OP
My01yuk

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why i'm glad it happened at work. I could get the security guard involved and he has to file a report for his records. The guy that did it was a little fella, me being a little taller and out weighting him by at least 50-60lbs he was little shaky after I pointed out what he had did and then asked him "Are you serious....you didn't see that"? I realized I was at work and would be better for job security to calm down and help him calm down.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow...sorry to hear. My son got backed into, again, his car has been in the bodyshop 5 times in the last 2 years!! Gggrrrr

rbtloe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sucks, I work next to a Homedepot and watch stupid people with the "Big Trucks" open their doors into other peoples vehicle all the time

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen people do it, know they've done and then walk/drive off quickly as to not get caught :whymewhyme: it just infuriates me! I make sure and tell my kids repeatedly to be careful when gettng in and out of the car.