I feel a clunk from a stop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BUCKSATH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I tried to search around, but I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. I’ve got a slight “clunk feel” coming from my wife’s 17 5.3 LT suburban with 150k. So it’s not a noise it’s just a “feel” when I take off from a stop. I haven’t checked the u joints yet but could it be anything else? Any help would be appreciated.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the slip yoke at the trans output shaft. Used to be common years back. If the splines get dry or worn, they can make noise, or feel like a clunk when it moves under acceleration

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I tried to search around, but I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. I’ve got a slight “clunk feel” coming from my wife’s 17 5.3 LT suburban with 150k. So it’s not a noise it’s just a “feel” when I take off from a stop. I haven’t checked the u joints yet but could it be anything else? Any help would be appreciated.

Broken driver side engine mount? It often feels and sounds like it's coming from behind you.

Pop the hood and powerbrake it while you watch the engine from the gap where the back of the hood meets the cowl.

OP
OP
B

BUCKSATH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe the slip yoke at the trans output shaft. Used to be common years back. If the splines get dry or worn, they can make noise, or feel like a clunk when it moves under acceleration
I’ll check that out.

OP
OP
B

BUCKSATH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Broken driver side engine mount? It often feels and sounds like it's coming from behind you.

Pop the hood and powerbrake it while you watch the engine from the gap where the back of the hood meets the cowl.

Man I never would have guessed that but I’ll definitely take a look. Thanks

Rokjhn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2011 Avalanche had similar “clunk” and it was the drivers side motor mount. Common problem with GM trucks\SUV’s and a relatively easy fix.

Ohannon7

Reaction score
2019 Yukon XL here with a blown driver side motor mount due to increased stress on lowered vehicles (I think).

I don't want to spend $700 on an OEM mount bc it will blow again. Historically I upgraded to Energy Suspension urethane mounts but they don't make them for my Yukon so IDK what to do. Are others going OEM or aftermarket? TYVM & good luck OP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts