hypertech tuner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just doing some cleaning in the garage and I saw that I never gave my hypertech tuner to the guy when I sold my 99 two door. Now I never even used it when I bought the tahoe from the previous owner so I dont know if it was uploaded to the tahoe before I sold it or not. My question is does anyone know how to check that to see if its locked for that VIN?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
try pluggin it in. I should tell you off the bat if its vin locked or not.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
shouldnt matter. A DLC is the same on 95+ Your not trying to reprogram it, you just powering it up.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
well not true. Some Built in 95 used the ob2 setup and after that everyone had to use obd2

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, if it is locked, toss it. I had one and I had a custom tune done over teh hyper tech program and never returned to stock first...I called Hyper tech and they do not support the old hand helds and told me they would give me a core charge if I bought a new one

OP
OP
dwmmatt23

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, if it is locked, toss it. I had one and I had a custom tune done over teh hyper tech program and never returned to stock first...I called Hyper tech and they do not support the old hand helds and told me they would give me a core charge if I bought a new one

I have a guy locally that is s tuner that can unlock it if it is, I have to check when I get home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts