Hybrid transmission

Discussion in 'Hybrid General Discussion' started by mtown27, May 13, 2018.

1. mtown27

mtown27 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Tom
    I’ve got a 2008 Yukon hybrid and just rolled over 200,000 miles. Seems like my transmission is acting up, clunky noises during shifting or pulling light loads. I’m curious if anyone has had problems with these transmissions or have ever had it replaced/rebuilt.

2. canuc

canuc TYF Newbie

Name:
    William
    hi there i have a 2009 yukon hybrid with 249000 kms on it i dont have any clunking noises but i had one hell of a winter up here in canada with my truck once the temperature went down to minus 20 or so for over 4 months every day once i warmed the truck up for 10 min or so and drove slowly away and approached a stop sign u could not get this truck to want to slow down and the drivetrain almost locked the rear wheels wmen trying to slow down and when stopped the engine was revving up to 3000 rpm with foot on brake in gear had to put in neutral or give gas to drop idle down, when trying to pull away from dead stop the truck would slightly hesitate then stop go stop u get the picture i mean sudden jerking coffee down defroster outlet get the hint, once u were at steady speed of 20 km steady speed ok slow down look out i mean dangerous cars behind u were pretty ticked this went on for over 4 months repeated trips to the dealer did no good no codes showed up for 8 visits and when taken out for road tests never acted up once even when i was a passenger with service adviser behind the wheel. now that its warm weather no issues because auto stop comes on and i start moving on electric motors which do not operate in very cold temperatures. i read a forum on line that was dated dec 14 bump and jerk for hybrids from 2008 to 2009 models tahoe and yukons that may have defective auxillary pumps on the transmissions which control all slow movements of the vehicle it wasnt a gmc bulletin, but one of the techs that checked my truck out suggested this pump i know have to wait until the fall again until this comes back, this pump could possibly be your problem, let me know what u find out. William