Hvac heater inlet hose and tee connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading about this again I decide I'm going to replace both of mine before they break. I had the black one so I ordered the white one last night. I am not looking forward to it but figure it's better to do them on my terms instead of having to do them in the cold or snow.

That's what I did with mine. I had one of the quick connects crack and started spewing coolant while driving. I saw how brittle the other we're, and I just ordered both tees and the second quick connect and I repkarep them all. I got each one from Rockauto for under $8 each.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of mine broke at different times but I never had to replace/cut hose. The last tee connector I replaced broke inside the hose not because it was too brittle but I wasnt patient with removing but with some patience and pliers, I was able to get the nipple out. But many cut the hose and its just hose, shouldnt be a big deal if it needs to be cut, just more measurements and accessories to make it all work.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of mine broke at different times but I never had to replace/cut hose. The last tee connector I replaced broke inside the hose not because it was too brittle but I wasnt patient with removing but with some patience and pliers, I was able to get the nipple out. But many cut the hose and its just hose, shouldnt be a big deal if it needs to be cut, just more measurements and accessories to make it all work.

Same here. I had the entire nipple part break off and get stuck inside the hose. I considered just cutting off that part of the hose, but I ended up squeezing the hose with pliers and I essentially crushed the nipple apart and just dumped the crumbs out of the hose. The few longer pieces that didn't fall right out were easily pulled out with needlenose pliers.

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part came in. I cut the hose and used a hose clamp. I'll eventually replace the hose but for now im happy the leaking has stopped. Such a pain getting tje old tee off. Thanks everyone for the advice and tips.

Also a local shop thats very reasonable on prices wanted $180 for this. I'm glad i did it myself. Cost me $22 for everything and a little bit of blood.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, the quick connects did not disconnect the tee connector that quickly for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia