Hvac heater inlet hose and tee connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's YouTube videos on this. I've never done it but it can be a *****. You should try googling it. There's been so many threads on this but a video is the best way to see what you're up against. I do know there's 2 different tees, and they go by color. Good luck.

I just did mine. I bought the tool to remove it, but that thing didn't do squat! I ended up just cutting it off with some snips. I bought 2 brass tee's and just used hose clamps. If your gonna replace the one you should do both now while you can.

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's YouTube videos on this. I've never done it but it can be a *****. You should try googling it. There's been so many threads on this but a video is the best way to see what you're up against. I do know there's 2 different tees, and they go by color. Good luck.

Every video i saw the broke it off lol

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine. I bought the tool to remove it, but that thing didn't do squat! I ended up just cutting it off with some snips. I bought 2 brass tee's and just used hose clamps. If your gonna replace the one you should do both now while you can.

Dang i was looking at that tool. Sucks it didnt work.

Reaction score
Mine failed completely! luckily right as I was backing into my driveway!!! Sprayed coolant everywhere smelled it for a week. Ended up completely replacing hose and tee fitting was less then $30 on Amazon. Tool was useless and ended up breaking the old fittings as they were brittle from years of heat I’m guessing. Had to use some needle nose pliers to get the old fittings off but installing the new one took all but 5 minutes as it just clips onto the metal inlet.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every video i saw the broke it off lol
I'm pretty sure that's how you need to replace them- just break away the pieces you're replacing using needle nose or wire cutters. Just don't damage the quick connect on the hose or the part coming out of the firewall.

Wrisktaker1

Reaction score
It's a ***** to do, I need to replace mine again. Part is like $20 bucks at AutoZone...yea just cut the sob off and replace but goid idea to eliminate it completely with brass T and rubber hosing

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so im just gonna break it and cut the hose and use a hose clamp. so what about the other hose thats on the left of the tee connector. does that one come off with out damaging the hose?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so im just gonna break it and cut the hose and use a hose clamp. so what about the other hose thats on the left of the tee connector. does that one come off with out damaging the hose?
When you're cutting the old tee connector off, you can cut it off that just like you cut it off the one at the firewall. So yes it will be undamaged. The tee has the same connector at both places. Cut it off everything that it's connected to, leaving everything else except the tee itself undamaged. In this picture, the nipple is where the other quick connect that you originally thought was leaking goes. If you wreck that QC on that hose you can use a hose clamp on that nipple.

81zlr5PN9sL._SL1500_.jpg

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced both tees and the quick connects on my 2001. I got the release tool, but it's useless on that because it it SO close to the firewall. So close that I could not even get the tool on properly. I ended up using some small wire cutters to cut the old one off. One of them was so brittle that I was able to just squeeze it will some channel-lock pliers and it basically just crumbled apart.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading about this again I decide I'm going to replace both of mine before they break. I had the black one so I ordered the white one last night. I am not looking forward to it but figure it's better to do them on my terms instead of having to do them in the cold or snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo