Hvac heater inlet hose and tee connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so my heater inlet hose is dripping coolant all over the spark plug at the tee connector. Im not sure if its the tee connector or the quick connect on the hose itself. If it is the hose is it possible to change out the quick connect without replacing the entire hose?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, if it's where the hose connects to the tee. Just cut the quick connect off the hose and use a hose clamp to attach it to the tee.

lawfarm

Reaction score
Yes, if it's where the hose connects to the tee. Just cut the quick connect off the hose and use a hose clamp to attach it to the tee.
Ditto. You may have some difficulty getting the QC out.

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ditto. You may have some difficulty getting the QC out.

So the QC is removeable from the hose? I see that they have replacement QC pieces for $6. And the hose is long enough to connect with the QC cut off?

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just paranoid about cutting hoses since i rely on this truck for work at the moment lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah my truck was my only transportation and I was in the same boat. I bought the tee connector but when I started working on it and removed the damaged quick connector from the tee I saw there was a nipple to install the hose on so I just used a spring clamp I had, removed the QC from the hose side, and installed the hose with the clamp. You can use a regular hose clamp. I just took these pictures so you can see. The hose is long enough.IMG_8289.JPG IMG_8290.JPG

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my truck was my only transportation and I was in the same boat. I bought the tee connector but when I started working on it and removed the damaged quick connector from the tee I saw there was a nipple to install the hose on so I just used a spring clamp I had, removed the QC from the hose side, and installed the hose with the clamp. You can use a regular hose clamp. I just took these pictures so you can see. The hose is long enough.View attachment 198640 View attachment 198641

Thank you very much. I will take the hose off today and see if its the tee connector or the qc on the hose.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
My nbs leaked from there as well.....I had the shop fix it....

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after further review its the Tee connector thats dripping at the rear where the connector meets the firewall. How in the world do I get the heater hose disconnected? I've been trying to press in the white tabs and they dont budge at all

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's YouTube videos on this. I've never done it but it can be a *****. You should try googling it. There's been so many threads on this but a video is the best way to see what you're up against. I do know there's 2 different tees, and they go by color. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019