how to paint chrom bumpers?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felskee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some help on what to paint with and how. I plasti dipped them and since I mud and when the mud dries and I clean it it rips off the plasti dip. What paints and steps? Or what are the prices on having them painted professionally

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably need to see if you can get the chrome stripped which would be expensive. Get paintable bumpers and save yourself the hassle.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color?

Ive heard of people getting them powdercoated black before.

JayXSP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Probably need to see if you can get the chrome stripped which would be expensive. Get paintable bumpers and save yourself the hassle.

what he said

OP
OP
felskee

felskee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black and there is no rattle can way of priming everything and many coats of paint then clear?

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen alot of people PC their chrome bumpers on GMFS. I can post a link if its allowed.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post it up and also provide the process and how long it lasts. I am not saying it can't be done but most shops will not PC on a chrome bumper as it does not last. Buy a non chrome bumper, PC, and save the headache and some dough.

OP
OP
felskee

felskee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much will a front and rear run me ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot