How to eliminate "Service Ride Control" light from the BCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bdowntown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same old story as everyone else, I removed the Autoride system on my truck when it failed and bought the cheap Monroe kit off Amazon to swap shocks. (Monroe 90012 Electronic to Passive Suspension Conversion Kit) After installing all the crappy resistors it worked fine for 3 weeks then the light started coming on. So I had to find a way to remove that and found this fix after pulling my hair out.

Located at the passenger rear cargo compartment on my '01 Tahoe, behind the paneling I found my Body Control Module. I pulled the bottom to plugs out of the BCM and removed the wires as shown, and spliced them together. THAT'S IT!! Now I don't know if this will work on your truck, that's up to you to find out.

Best of luck!! Hope I saved you guys some trouble!!

a.jpg b.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, will keep this in mind when I do the delete

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This drives me crazy. Thank you i respond back once I get this done

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't work. I wonder if o have to remove the resistors I have installedm

OP
OP
Bdowntown

Bdowntown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't remove my resistors and it worked? How did you jump the wires? I removed the wires from the connectors and used blue quick splice connectors then cut of the prongs at the end. Worked first try for me? Took longer to remove the panels!!

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jumped the wires still connected to the harness and also tried jumping them with out being connected to the harness. I have two resistors on the rear shocks to make it clear.

OP
OP
Bdowntown

Bdowntown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Each wire needs to be removed from the harness plugs, see the video below on how to do it;

Once they are removed, you can plug the harness back into the BCM and jump the wires together. Before you do any of this though, make sure you disconnect your battery. The system needs to be off so it can clear any codes etc.

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I'll disconnect the batteries. It won't be easy as I have a lot of them lol

OP
OP
Bdowntown

Bdowntown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you shouldn't need to disconnect all of them just the main negative connection to the truck-