HOW TO: Convert to Escalade LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appears that's accurate, although hard to tell by the description. Hmm..

What light end are you looking for? The escalade end? You'll need the plug and the reverse bulb harness as well.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

The second two links, it's neither. It's a female plug IIRC. Looks similar to the first, but female ended. The second one doesn't look like it at all. I wish I had a set here to take a pic for you.

I'm on my iPad, otherwise I'd check my desktop for a photo.

Mike_L

Banned
Reaction score
The reverse will have to be spliced. Only other way would be to get a new socket, which I don't think I've ever seen without pigtails. I'm thinking ground may have to be spliced either way, because theres the main ground, and the reverse ground.

One light is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I'll check it out and work from there. From what I'm seeing right now, the Esky harness may be needed. The Tahoe one isn't. The connector can replace that, if its the right one.

Someday I'll stop trying to improve on things and just leave them as is. Everytime I try to "fix" something that isn't broken, I end up with issues and half assed solutions like this. :emotions122:

Mike_L

Banned
Reaction score
Robbie, did i screw up? Finished the first harness, no resistors yet, and the yellow and blue wires (on the Tahoe harness) don't light anything up when probed. Is that supposed to happen without the resistors? I expected them to just be needed to stop hyperflash, not for the lights to work at all. The parking lights and reverse work fine. Its just the stop, running and turn that doesn't. I tested before cutting the harness and everything worked fine.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robbie, did i screw up? Finished the first harness, no resistors yet, and the yellow and blue wires (on the Tahoe harness) don't light anything up when probed. Is that supposed to happen without the resistors? I expected them to just be needed to stop hyperflash, not for the lights to work at all. The parking lights and reverse work fine. Its just the stop, running and turn that doesn't. I tested before cutting the harness and everything worked fine.

Not really sure... I haven't had any issues with any of the harnesses I did. :shrug:

Mike_L

Banned
Reaction score
Damn. I guess I'll run over to the ricer store tomorrow and see if they have the resistors so I can test. I'd never put their garbage on my truck, but for testing, they'll do.

EDIT: Just probed the wires. It works between the Hopkins and the light, but not between it and the connector. So either it needs the resistors to work, or the Hopkins I have is bad. Wish the second light would come so I could make the second harness and test it on that.

Last edited:

Mike_L

Banned
Reaction score
Confirmed thats how its supposed to be. I did the other one too and its the same way.

UPDATE: They do work with the resistors, so something about the power going through without them causes the lights to not work.

Last edited:

05denali702

Reaction score
I found three sellers on eBay that sell the "g5" but one says euro or sumn, does anyone know what is the best one I need plug m play exact escalade replica I already have the appliqués , any help appreciated thanks

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright Yeti, so I saw in the first post that I have to send you my harness is that still true? Or can I just buy the tails and buy the harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10