How to: Clean GPS Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I turn the switch off on my Garmin(Nuvi 360) it ask's me if I want to continue on battery power, if I dont push conitinue it turns off in 30 seconds.

STEALTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ thats what i wanted to do but the TomTom was too wide. My wife has a Garmin that would fit so I was gonna trade her but I quickly realized there was no way to turn it on and off. i could have set it up to charge and power on with the ignition but how do you turn it off when getting out of the car? it has an internal battery. didnt want someone breaking in my car for it.

your right about the garmin and not being to get to the on/off switch but i still put mine there. I just hard wired it like you did, but into the ING fuse so it only comes on when the key is turned

HedleyLamarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do something similar but I'm going to mount a TomTom XXL in-between the two cigarette lighter holes so that it sits in front of that little 3" compartment that nothing really fits in. However my thought is to add another cigarette lighter in the back of that hole so that I don't have to hardwire the unit in and it's totally portable, just cramming all the power cord in behind the unit.

Anyone know if I can jump off one of the other plugs without shorting anything out? If all else fails, I'll pull one out, use it, and plug up the hole it came from

bradmps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom Tom XXL

I did the same thing with the tom tom xxl

Can't really see (no Light)

Attachments

• mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 50
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg