how to change drl??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1974chevyglasshouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread already ? Can someone post a link ... or do you have to remove whole bumper ?? I can't use the search function from my phone.
Thanks tyf members

rroadkilll

Reaction score
Just changed mine... You have to remove the entire bumper to get to them!

4b1e1cbd369b194e8bc2202d7f3cfe77.jpg

Neil Layne

Steel Neil
Reaction score
i have no idea, but there are videos on youtube. i know there are a few under the plastic of the wheel well on both sides and some under the hood. I've never personally done it but I've seen several videos on it. when you get it all figured out post some pics, id like to see what leds look like in the headlights.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Pop the hood and remove the 6 10mm bolts holding the top of the grille / bumper on. Then go to your fenders and remove the two 7mm screws and 3 push clips. Then there are two 10mm bolts holding the reinforcement to the bottom of the bumper. Once all those are removed, pull each corner of the bumper cover out - away from the fender (youll see that it comes loose from the guide), then stand in the middle of the bumper and pull it toward you. It may get a little stuck where the absorber is in the lower guide.

Before you pull it all the way off, if you have fog lights, now is a good time to reach down and unplug them (or you can do that while you're underneath it removing those two 10mm). then finish pulling the bumper off.

There are three 10mm bolts holding each headlamp in, and a clip on the lower inner corner. Once removed, just pull it toward you.

When you reinstall, make sure you have the headlamp tucked nice and flush in the fender so there is no gap, and tighten up.

ScubaJim

Reaction score
I just did mine last week I didn't have to remove the entire bumper but all the screws on the top and everything else fiatdale noted in the fender. You can wiggle the light out enough to reach in and twist out the socket holding the old DRL bulb and put in the new LED one. I hade to rotate the LED bulb 360's as it did not light when I first installed it. Keep that in mind! I just ordered a second set because the ones I installed were not bright enough. Ill take pictures this weekend when I install the second set.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Yes - have the lights on and test before buttoning it back up! the LEDs need to be plugged in a certain way.