How secure are our vehicles and the truth behind them from Law Enforcment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never thought of covering the VIN. Might have to start doing that!

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I learned a couple of good things that I will use.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your trucks getting stolen. But at least you got those Mother Effers locked up. No point of blocking the vin if you etched your windows lol. Looks like i got to knock the dust off the old Brake pedal lock.
top_1640.jpg

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was broken into 10 days after I bought it. I put a rear door handle on the front door and have not had a problem for the past 2 years. It is really simple to do. Don't know if it is luck or it is a deterrent.

If battery dies, just call a lock smith for 35-50 bucks to open the door.

Thanks for all the info and insight...makes me really consider lo jack!

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBH, if someone wants my truck so badly, go ahead and take it. In fact, I don't even want it back. I don't leave anything valuable in there EVER.

Insurance will buy me a new one :D

deangrell

Reaction score
Wife's jacked up 88 SWB Silverado was stolen one and a half times in KCMO 2 years ago. She's a country girl, and she wouldn't sell her truck for the world. First time it was stolen, we chased the guy for a mile or so and the cops told us to stop. After it was recovered, we put a kill switch on the fuel pump. About a month later we came out to a smashed window, a missing CD player, and a popped hood. The guy tried to fix whatever was wrong before giving up and leaving. Kill switch works!

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife's jacked up 88 SWB Silverado was stolen one and a half times in KCMO 2 years ago. She's a country girl, and she wouldn't sell her truck for the world. First time it was stolen, we chased the guy for a mile or so and the cops told us to stop. After it was recovered, we put a kill switch on the fuel pump. About a month later we came out to a smashed window, a missing CD player, and a popped hood. The guy tried to fix whatever was wrong before giving up and leaving. Kill switch works!

That's interesting. Where did you locate the switch?

Erebos

Reaction score
Thanks for the great info. Now you got me thinking...where can I find a kill switch?? How much is one of these cost?