How much of a beating can Chevy's SUVs take?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James417

Reaction score
Hello all still pretty new to Chevrolet's line of SUVs and trucks such as silverados and tahoes. Even GMCs Yukon's. With the 4l60e or 4l80e as well as a 5.3l or 5.7l vortec what kind of abuse can these take? I have seen so many people who own these trucks and SUVs do wot accelerations and burnouts and tire spins out of driveways and stuff. And i have a 03 hoe myself and being a fire dept service vehicle i have a feeling its seen its fair share of tire spin and wot accels. How much damage can a stock one take if well maintained? Isn't this doing more damage then just wearing tires? I would think its wearing badly on the transmission and engine right? Anyways just curious.

funky_fresh_hoff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've owned my Tahoe for the past 6-7 years and it has always handled any abuse I've thrown at it. They are pretty resilient vehicles but always remember everything has a breaking point. As well as its maintained properly and regularly you should be fine. GM definitely designed em to take a beating.

OP
OP
J

James417

Reaction score
That's good to know especially sense it was a service Suv. Anyways I don't want to do burnout or anything like that but I do have fun on loose dirt and gravel every once in awhile but not on pavement.