how much for your 2 door tahoe/yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
I've had mine since 1996 and would never let it go. It's been like an old faithful dog to me. Other cars have come and gone. But the 2 door stays. I've had a few offers for it, even a swap for a z71 from a FL Chevy dealer. (used I'm sure...didn't ask) He said they rarely get them in and when they do there gone in a few days.

I travel quite a bit for work and lived in many different regions of the country. The places I've seen the most two doors were in Washington State. By a fairly large margin. Texas obviously, and this surprised me....Hawaii. I lived out there for a spell and thought I would have one of the only ones. Wrong! You do see alot of the same ones over and over due to the size of the island, but still quite a few rolling around out there. It would cost around 1000-1500 to bring one back to the mainland. But alot of the SUV's are beat to hell out there. Mine was thrashed...when I brought it back was when I started my refurb project on it.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the common theme around here is not for sale... I wouldnt sell mine either..and it was given to me. Trust me ive had some tempting offers... You can pick up a stock one for around 4-6k around here depending on condition.. I bought a 99 vortec 2dr 4wd in florida for 2k with 140k miles... wish i could find another deal like that i would flip it..

AllensHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked this one up in Ga last week. I traded a 97 Polaris Scrambler for it that I had about a $1000 in. It needed a water pump and I'm still diagnosing the stupid push button 4wd in it but it runs like a top. Its got 212,000 miles, 3" body lift, 33's, and a good vortech 5.7... I've been wanting one of these for a LONG time now and now that I got it I don't know if I'm gonna ever let it go. Its in fair shape I'm guessing but was thinking about flipping it for some $$$$ for $3500. It was used as a toy and has some good stains in the carpet, heater box is busted, and tears in the front 2 seats but like everybody else says...I know these things are rare. Awesome trucks. I love the look. They're just SEXY!!:favorites37:

Attachments

• 2012-12-07_14-28-08_487.jpg
    2012-12-07_14-28-08_487.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 58

redaddiction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a guy offer me 6 for my gray one, contemplated it for awhile but decided I'd never find one just like it again.

milehighaz

Reaction score
Considering I've put 12k in a new engine, 4.56s, and 4" lift (and fixed alot of nitnoid stuff while it was out) I doubt I'd sell...it would be a financial loss, and a love loss as well.

Unless the values climb here in AZ, I wouldn't consider it...nothing less than $15k, but really I dont wanna sell it.

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice Bow Tie Freak Slap the shi outta them... If I were to sale mine. I would probably ask for 65000-7000.. Only because the lift, rims, tires, rebuilt trans, and all the new parts I have invensted in the last 6 months, Other wise i think 5500 would be fair. Im about to do the brakes, rotors and arms next. Its gonna ride like a new truck here pretty soon...

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

That one looks similiar to mine allen.

96sport

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 96 Tahoe Sport 2DR for $2600. It has about 260k on the clock but a rebuilt Vortec with 60k. What can I expect to give me problems, if anything? I've always wanted a 2DR Tahoe and figured this was the cheapest I would ever find one.

dudeface

Reaction score
I bought mine as is with a $3,500 transmission repaired a few months before i bought it. I paid 4 grand and was the best deal i ever made. its 4x4..........runs perfect and i get great milage in it. Around here (alberta canada) any decent 4x4 from about 1995 up runs at least 7 to 8 grand. so ewhen i was asked if i wanted to buy it from a friend of a friend, i could not refuse.

i would never sell it though.............................

peace

picture.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I just bought a 96 Tahoe Sport 2DR for $2600. It has about 260k on the clock but a rebuilt Vortec with 60k. What can I expect to give me problems, if anything? I've always wanted a 2DR Tahoe and figured this was the cheapest I would ever find one.

watch the tranny..................peace

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
well I just bought mine last week. I looked for WEEKS for one worth owning. I test drove 6 befor I got mine and all but one where ragged out ( now one was really nice but he wanted 8500 ) all of the POS's where 3-6! mine is a 97 with 130k on the body and 30 on the GM replaced motor. loaded LT with 2 door dings and clear coat peeling on the hood and top :( but 1 owner until last year when he passed. I gave 3,800 for mine and drove 3hrs 1 way to pick it up. and I feel like I got a realy good deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65