How does your gmt800 truck look right now ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's the drain plug to my front diff... haven't cracked it open yet but it's out and ready. I'll probably be looking for some new spider gears tomorrow. Damn it dale.

IMG_4300.JPG

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So front diff is disassembled and inspected, thoroughly. Spider gears are fortunately unharmed, not even a chip or fracture to a single tooth. The races to my diff carrier bearings on the other hand are ate the F up. On the bright side though this was caught before any real damage was done. I think this can still be tossed up as a Win.

Not to mention the driver side axle flange came out in one piece which is notorious for sheering off. Not gonna lie though, it had me nervous for a second.

IMG_4316.JPG

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So front diff is disassembled and inspected, thoroughly. Spider gears are fortunately unharmed, not even a chip or fracture to a single tooth. The races to my diff carrier bearings on the other hand are ate the F up. On the bright side though this was caught before any real damage was done. I think this can still be tossed up as a Win.

Not to mention the driver side axle flange came out in one piece which is notorious for sheering off. Not gonna lie though, it had me nervous for a second.

View attachment 184004

*EDIT: the rollers in that bearings cage are even worse. Pictures don't do any justice to the severity of the break down. How this didn't growl or roar is beyond me.

J Mac

Reaction score
where did you get the flares?

Found them on Craigslist. They came off a Silverado pickup. Fronts fit perfect...rear ones almost. The lower body line at the bottom of the doors stops on the trucks right before the fender. Also...the mounting holes on the rears only line up on the top. Had to drill new holes for the sides. No biggee though. I didn't realize any of this until I was putting them on. Prolly could have dremeled the flares to make them fit better but it's not that big of a deal for me.IMG_5042.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwells