How do you remove the rear audio control panel on an '02 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyR

Reaction score
After having an aftermarket stereo installed for about 3 years without a rear channel; I've finally figured out that it could be a relay that controls the rear audio controls. I tested to see if they worked, and they don't so I want to pull it out and replace the relay that controls them. The problem is, I can't find out how to do it anywhere... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
So did you pull the rear audio controls, or just unplug the harness? Pics would help, I was able to bypass my rear controls by attaching the top wires in the plug to the corresponding opposite charge wires in the bottom. I found a wiring diagram online, it helped a lot!

OP
OP
TommyR

TommyR

Reaction score
So did you pull the rear audio controls, or just unplug the harness? Pics would help, I was able to bypass my rear controls by attaching the top wires in the plug to the corresponding opposite charge wires in the bottom. I found a wiring diagram online, it helped a lot!

I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the controls! Have you ever done it?

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
You might be able to pry it out with a flathead, but a much more reliable way would be to remove the black plastic inner "bucket" area, and then push them out from the inside.

OP
OP
TommyR

TommyR

Reaction score
You might be able to pry it out with a flathead, but a much more reliable way would be to remove the black plastic inner "bucket" area, and then push them out from the inside.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! Thank you. I'll try it tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
No problem! unfortunately I didn't download a picture of the diagram or I'd throw it on here.

OP
OP
TommyR

TommyR

Reaction score
No problem! unfortunately I didn't download a picture of the diagram or I'd throw it on here.

I cant seem to get the insidr bucket out. I've removed all the screws inside and the 4 bolts on the bottom, but pulling up on it isn't doing anything

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Maybe there are a couple screws that hold it in from the back, where the cupholder is. There are a whole lot of screws holding this thing in, so it's very likely that you might've missed a couple. I'd check, but I swapped to a jump seat in my truck, so I can't.

OP
OP
TommyR

TommyR

Reaction score
Maybe there are a couple screws that hold it in from the back, where the cupholder is. There are a whole lot of screws holding this thing in, so it's very likely that you might've missed a couple. I'd check, but I swapped to a jump seat in my truck, so I can't.

Yup those are the ones holding it in. Problem is I cant get the damn cupholders out of the way to get to the screws. Sigh lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo