How do you access the rear bulbs on a 2019 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to replace the back-up bulbs with LEDs in my 2019 Tahoe but cannot figure out how to access them. I can’t locate any fasteners or clips that hold the tail light assembly in place nor can I reach the bulbs from under the vehicle. How do you access them?

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Perfect!
Dang. The top clip on both plastic covers snapped off. I glued them back on with super glue and baking soda. One held. I used a small piece of black gorilla tape on the other one until I find time to remove and reglue it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just bite the bullet and get new clips from the dealer. Take the old ones in and match them.

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bite the bullet and get new clips from the dealer. Take the old ones in and match them.
If it were just the clips I would surely do that. Unfortunately, the plastic studs that the clips attach to broke off. I was trying to glue the plastic parts back together rather than replace both side panels.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I see now. See if you can locate a matching Tahoe in a salvage yard and get them there.