How cold is it where you are today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Moscow, Russia. And these wonderful photos are from my trip to Siberia a week ago. Almost 2000 km to the east, crossing the Ural Mountains, the extraordinary nature of the Russian winter opens up. Where there is no salt and dirt on the streets, where the roads are sprinkled with stone chips, so the car and shoes remain clean for a very long time)) where the severe frost stings the face, but it is very cool and pleasant to walk in such weather in the forest)))
Gas or diesel engine?

OP
OP
Mudsport96

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only Gas, i don't like diesel)))
When you get the temperature that you did, diesel gets unreliable with gel problems.
And as someone who works in the diesel fuel system field, reliability is going to suffer in the future to meet USA environmental standards.

But anyway, it was +21F ( -6C) this morning so that is a 40F (22c) degree jump from Monday. Almost felt like Spring was here.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get the temperature that you did, diesel gets unreliable with gel problems.
And as someone who works in the diesel fuel system field, reliability is going to suffer in the future to meet USA environmental standards.

But anyway, it was +21F ( -6C) this morning so that is a 40F (22c) degree jump from Monday. Almost felt like Spring was here.
In winter we have winter diesel, with a filterability temperature of up to -30C, and for the northern regions there is a special type of diesel "Arctic Diesel" with a filterability temperature of up to -55C))) But still, you're right, in the northern regions only commercial vehicles run on diesel . Regular cars mostly run on Gasoline.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only Gas, i don't like diesel)))
Interesting. So, thar being said, does your engine have DFM? Or, being out of the USA, does your truck not have it because of different emission requirements? These are things I find interesting.

For example: if my 2023 F450 diesel was going to the middle east, there would be no EGR or ANY emissions system. Just a straight pipe and muffler. Just wondering if gas motors follow suit.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So, thar being said, does your engine have DFM? Or, being out of the USA, does your truck not have it because of different emission requirements? These are things I find interesting.

For example: if my 2023 F450 diesel was going to the middle east, there would be no EGR or ANY emissions system. Just a straight pipe and muffler. Just wondering if gas motors follow suit.
No, we have absolutely the same engines and settings as in the USA. Personally, my Yukon American has DFM. Cars come to us from the UAE, the USA and Canada. Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade they are the same as from the USA in terms of engine settings, either Gasoline or Diesel. There are other differences in configuration, options and settings. Namely, GM Arab cars have a less efficient heater, not all have heated seats, they have less insulated bodies, and they do not have heated mirrors. But I specifically took the Yukon from the USA, ordered it in the USA, and they brought it to me from the USA.

KraftMatic87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We live in Thornton outside Denver, CO and we’ve had four days of subzero temps, both during the day and at night. We got down to -8 yesterday morning. In typical Colorado fashion we should see daytime temps back in the 40’s and 50’s this week like it never happened!

IMG_4755.jpeg

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the teens here in NJ. Young adult sons hate themselves now because they were askedakatold to shovel the driveway after I went to work. They waited until 4pm to make the attempt at removing the now ice :) 3hours of chopping ice off the driveway taught them a lesson I’d been trying to. Woulda take them 30 mins to push the slush off earlier.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We live in Thornton outside Denver, CO and we’ve had four days of subzero temps, both during the day and at night. We got down to -8 yesterday morning. In typical Colorado fashion we should see daytime temps back in the 40’s and 50’s this week like it never happened!

View attachment 419200
It certainly made things entertaining on Monday, as everyone remembers how to drive in inclimate weather

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts