How cold is it where you are today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-10F in Chitcago. Currently pulling 4/0 cables through the snow for testing.

I really hate stupid architects and design engineers........people who look at a CAD drawing with no relevance to what real life actually will be for the finished product. The up side is it provides A LOT of redundant job security for the trades......if you can call doing it the hard way job security :Rant:

OP
OP
Mudsport96

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-10F in Chitcago. Currently pulling 4/0 cables through the snow for testing.

I really hate stupid architects and design engineers........people who look at a CAD drawing with no relevance to what real life actually will be for the finished product. The up side is it provides A LOT of redundant job security for the trades......if you can call doing it the hard way job security :Rant:
You are about 2 hours north of me if you are in the most corrupt city in the state. Just saw on the news that there are a bunch of dead Teslas up there. Seems the chargers don't work in these Temps lol.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the rest of the week in the teens will feel like a heat wave! Next week in the 30's and 40's will probably make me want to bust out the speedo......only a 60 degree swing in 1 week. I'll take it

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are about 2 hours north of me if you are in the most corrupt city in the state. Just saw on the news that there are a bunch of dead Teslas up there. Seems the chargers don't work in these Temps lol.
That's funny about the tesla cars. They are the new prius.......most owners drive at, or below, the speed limit to conserve electrons because keeping up with traffic kills their range. LOL

The prius drivers are now Ricky Racecar driver......faster than heck, weaving in and out of traffic. Even if they drive like asshats, they probably still get 50 mpg. LOL

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-6* currently. Was -16* 2 days ago.

So far I am only into 3 days of owning a EV... So I cant say how its going to affect me. First day of real driving was today.

InterceptorF

Reaction score
-8 degrees in Colorado Springs. Windy as well. My 2001 Yukon XL made it about 5 miles normal temperature then went to the red-zone. I pulled it into a 7-11, turned it off and let it sit. The temp gauge moved back to normal temp after about ten minutes then it was fine. I can only assume that the thermostat got plugged with 'slush' and finally melted it out. Seems fine now. Be careful out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts