Hotchkis Sway Bar: Installed Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so is it a worth while upgrade? how much does it effect the truck because the new swaybar doesnt look much bigger than the old one... may just be the picture

When it comes to sway bars, the difference in diameter is exponential and even the slightest difference in diameter will make a huge impact.

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hotchkis lists a different model for a lowered Tahoe not sure what the difference is either.

I think the links are a shorter length ..gotta be what it is

For some reason the links I got from Tim in my McGaughys kit has one link that is offset. I thought that was hella weird
BOSS

Links are offset to provide more clearance between the sway bar and the panhard bar on lowered trucks.

oak510, install looks good, and looks like you scored on the price too:cheers:

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Links are offset to provide more clearance between the sway bar and the panhard bar on lowered trucks.

oak510, install looks good, and looks like you scored on the price too:cheers:

Gotcha - I don't even know what a panhard bar is to be honest, what is this mystery piece exactly.... :D

BOSS

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Why aren't the links offset in oaks kit? Is the sway bar shaped different?

B

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
Gotcha - I don't even know what a panhard bar is to be honest, what is this mystery piece exactly.... :D

BOSS

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

B

Panhard is the rod that keeps the axle from moving side to side.

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Exactly. One end is mounted to the frame and the other end to the axle housing.

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score

B

Some lowering kits will come with the offset links to replace your stock rear swaybar links. Sway bar kits will come with stock style links assuming they are being installed on a stock height vehicle.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Werd, thanks guys...I have a strange pic to post tomorrow morning, I just looked at my links and they are FUKN RETARDED installed....the rear pass link is on the OUTSIDE of the guides there they are supposed to be installed into.

I'm too drunk to work on the hoe tonite

BOSS

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
that's a hell of a deal, I just priced some helwigs and they were $350 my cost.

OP
OP
oak510_tahoe

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
lol thanks guys. it was a deal too good to pass up, and they were in great shape ( as pictured in the first pic ) still looking for other various things to do to the suspension to improve it while keeping the height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512

Latest posts