Homemade Roof Basket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i think a pre made one would be better. tube framing, wire basket, painted even as long as 60" length cost under 300 for good stuff. not supposeed to put more then 200 pounds up there anywhere.

OP
OP

94Blazer383

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bumper cost 300 because an 8 foot length of aluminum is $30 and I had 10 of them plus the aluminum for the brackets. This rack only weighs 30lbs all together, and it does not rattle at all that I can notice inside the cabin, the rivets are actually pretty tight fitting. If I didn't get a discount on the metal it would've been even more. I may have paid more for the aluminum then it would've cost for steel but as I said before I can still put 170lbs on the roof.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good i ordered the matierials for this already but lack the time at the moment for it

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response. The rack was very light you could pick it up with one hand.

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. Sometimes the pride in our work is worth a few extra bucks that did not go into some Chianese bank account.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
dead bump... On the other hand I have had my material for that long and haven't been able to make mine due to no time..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10