'Hoe throwing spark codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
The Hoe has thrown spark codes a couple of times recently. Once it was spark misfire on #1, then yesterday, it was misfire on #7. This is NOT a regular occurrence, and does not happen with any frequency or with any operation or function that I've been able to pinpoint yet. Also, I cannot tell if there is any issue with driveablity - it seems to run fairly well considering the neglect it suffered before I got it. . . .

Is this something to be concerned about, a significant issue, or just some cranial flatulence in the equipment from time to time? It's only happened twice so far, once when the truck started from off, and once when accelerating onto a highway. As noted earlier, it did not affect the vehicle's operation, acceleration or anything else that I could notice.

Just another one of those things that make you go "HMMMM?" :cool:

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I would do, is get some mass airflow cleaner, and clean you mass airflow sensor. When dirty it can throw random misfire codes.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check for loose or burnt spark plug wires. and check to make sure everything is tight. I had a single injector go out, but i am told its pretty rare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645