Hoe pulls to the right!! Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Motion

Reaction score
I have a 03 z71 with 2" lowering springs in the rear. It started pulling to the right and wearing the inside of my tires, so i took it to get alignment, and that didn't fix the problem. the guy at the shop assured me that the front end is aligned properly. what should i check next???

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Did he just assure you? Or did he provide a spec sheet with the alignment numbers to prove that it is correct?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
try Rotating tires would be my next advice. Swap front tires and see if it pulls to the left. If so, the Tire is causing pull. Im already suspecting tire as you already said wearing insides.

OP
OP
Big Motion

Big Motion

Reaction score
No spec sheet, but he's the owner of a reputable shop, basically he's the go to guy in the town i live in, so i'm inclined to believe him.

I put four brand new tires on before i took it to get aligned because they had worn down so bad.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
ive seen many times before even brand new tires that cause a pull. If the Alignment is right on then id check Tires, easy way to check it to swap them around. If no change, then you have to look at Brakes or a caliper hanging up.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it more than likely your hubs. i had the same issue and ended up being a bad hub. surprised the shop didnt check them. raise your truck in the front and check for play

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alignment. Had numerous ppl try to say they had bad tires when they won't get their vehicles aligned. Rubber just doesn't fall off the inside of the tire, it's worn off bc that's where it's riding. If it's pulling to the right of course it's an alignment issue, somethings probably worn out but if he's as good as u say he is he should tell u if parts are worn.

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could a tire that needs balancing do that also?

An unbalanced tire won't do what he's describing and be worn out on the inside. Also told ppl to go get their vehicles aligned, they "do", comeback and say it's still wearing unevenly and pulling, I look at the adjustment bolts and cam plates and they looked like they have never been touched...ever. Dont take a guys "word" get a print out sheet. Hell if u have to, insist that u wanna watch

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leschew