HitchGate Spare Tire Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your better off getting on built on your own unless you can find one for cheaper those things are $$$$

OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that is the problem (Cost). Plus they swing out pretty far so you'd need a lot of room to open the lift gate.

What about anyone with a roof mount system???

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roof mount looks dumb, and to be honest your truck looks nice without it. I wanted one of those on my old z71 tahoe and just always found myself finding better mods to spend 600+ dollars on and thats considering I didn't even like how far away the hitch gate stuck out from the truck. With the way our bumpers stick out pretty far already its gonna look even worse.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure you back up sensors would either be going crazy all the time or you would have to turn them off

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I can't imagine an NNBS with ones of those. Would fit an NBS though. I say just make sure you Roadside Assistance for tire issues.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I think roof mounted tires look pretty good but you need a beefy rack to go with it. The only problem is it a major ***** to get the tire on the roof.

Reaction score
I would just not get one and put my money into something else for the tahoe. The odds are that if you do get a flat, your going to get it fixed right away anyway and riding on the spare wont hurt for to long. Also idk how I would feel about having someting on my roof that adds atleast anthoer foot and a half of height to remember about when going in parking garages or stuff like that. You tahoe looks so good just like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24