High Beams, Low Beams & Fog Lights 2016 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asmartin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We recently purchased a 2016 Yukon XL SLT. It bothers me that the high beams, low beams and fog lights are not as bright as the putter lights(daytime running light I guess). Can anyone tell me if you have replaced these lights and with what? Did you have to cut a hole in the cover of the existing light for the new bulb to fit? I contacted a local dealership and they gave me an estimate of $660 to convert the lights for me. Any and all advice is appreciated.

coder

Reaction score
Check with site vendor @Vanquish Auto believe their lights don't require any cutting. There are a few posts on here about upgrading lights.

Luster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the "yellow" halogens in my '18 Yukon SLT with AUXITO LED's. The low beams are about the same for brightness, but the high beams are extremely BRIGHT!
Best feature is the color, that now matches the DRL's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073NYWT54/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you're looking for really bright low beams you really need to be looking at HID's. A little more expensive and more work, but they are worth it. (I'm sure this is what the dealership quoted you. You can do it yourself for probably $200-$300)

The dust covers fit fine. I contacted the manufacturer and they said the dust covers did not have to be "vented".

I asked my wife if she thought the new LED's were better than the halogens, she said... "Love 'em". I guess that's a good endorsement.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts