HIDGuy issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

ILSMKU

Reaction score
Ok I am sorry but bro grow some balls and be a man. You are not a woman right? Then dont act like a *****. complaining and whining like a hoe to a pimp will do no good.

They are a reputable dealer. Since many have made purchases from them and repeat purchases that leads many to believe they make or distribute a quality product. If you had a bad experience then let them know and be patient. Small businesses take time to respond. I personally have never dealt with them because I get mine cheaper with ballasts that are not made in china etc. However I have seen stuff from them in vehicles and they looked good.

If you are wanting a refund going the route you chose was not a smart one. If you want a replacement that is definitely a bad way to go about asking for one.

Ok, your right. You know everything that transpired. The emails, the phone calls, and the lack of response. And when I find people with my EXACT issue on THIS forum AND other forums saying the SAME exact thing about them not handling there business, then I MUST be a *****! I mean its ok to flat out lie about your product, then make excuses as to why you never respond. Including telling the customer hes not trying hard enough to contact them after many phone calls and emails. Are you kidding me? Then he slams some other company for no reason? WTF is wrong with them and YOU at this point? Jesus H Christ.

And as I mentioned, his whole email speaks VOLUMES about his and his companys character. Clearly your just some fan boy kid with a bone to pick with me because I called them out.

But whatever man. I could care less what you think.

Oh and Mahalo to you too brother.

/Out

Last edited:

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...

My car is a what? Fluke?
"Keep in mind that your car is a fluke and look at how many cars we sell on this forum, silveradosierra.com and locally and don't have the issues you have."

Ok.. So if im the ONLY one, why does this guy have the exact same problem?

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19283

Seems to me that you have others saying you dont respond either...
http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...5-hidguy-net-not-happy-with-cust-service.html

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/showthread.php?t=67240&page=2&p=810787&viewfull=1#post810787

I love this one! One poster nails it...
http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/my-frustrating-experience-hidguy-67240-2.html

Did I leave a message? I spoke to YOU or some other guy about this 3 times and never ONCE did any of you call me back! Are you freaking kidding me? .... WOW!
"As you have seen in reply's in this post people have gone to different lengths to contact us. Not just email or phone calls. We have live help along with general emails at [email protected] in which I AGAIN personally handle"

Are you telling me it was MY bad that Oscar disappeared and that I didnt try hard enough to get your attention when... as I already told you, I spoke to either YOU or some other guy 3 times and was told I would get a call back. THat never happened either!

"Its the fact that YOUR car needs additional things in order for LED bulbs HID kits or whatever it is to work properly. Its how electrical systems work these days and how evolving technology works."

WOW... again, you pretty much said all you had to right there! If you knew ANYTHING about the product you sold, you would know that in order to override the draw issues LEDs present, you either need the LEDS to support CANBUS or you need to add resistors. I also specifically asked Oscar if these were 100% plug and play BEFORE I purchased them and was told yea yea sure.

To top it off, you have the balls to talk crap on another company in your in weak effort to save face with the community. What do you know about DDM? Im not fan boy for them, but insterestly enough, I have purchased hids from them in the past and I have NO issues getting ahold of them or with my order.

Your whole post speaks VOLUMES about your character and the company you support. You guys have not once replied or called me back since Oscar took off. :supergay:!

And heres a tip for you and your company. Try educatiing yourself on the products you sell first. Your LEDS dont support canbus. And they should considering every other chinese knock off LED supports it now.

What is CANBUS?
http://www.skeenway.com/auto-led-bulbs/what-is-new-can-bus-led-light.html

Ok so where should i start...like any company you find on the internet you are going to find someone who has something bad to say. funny thing is you forgot to mention the people that love our product..here we will post some links to as well...

club xB -

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43963 - people in there seem to love our product.

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38865 - pretty old thread but this guy has actually met a few of us and has loved his lights since day one..

http://www.silveradosierra.com/electrical/hidguy-net-product-review-and-pics-t9524.html - This guy had one issue we fixed it and he was fine...over all very satisfied along with if you read through that thread so are a lot of other people.

http://www.silveradosierra.com/vend...license-plate-light-led-upgrade-t8299-10.html - people who are very satisfied with their LED's for their tag lights. Oh and by the way those dont need resistors...just letting you know considering its a Chevy and GMC.

http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forums/hid-guy-h10-hid-fog-lights-t6471.html - super happy with his fog lights..and oh wait shipping was EXTREMELY FAST.

oh and here is our ebay page...http://myworld.ebay.com/racso-ind/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 ...not a bad feedback score or what not.

Ill go ahead and stop there with the link stuff. Just showing you all the other links you left out. Also Lets talk about CANBUS...First of its super i mean SUPER rare that you find a canbus bulb in a yukon or a tahoe. If this was the case everyone on this forum would have had issues with all the stuff we sell..along with all the sliverado and sierra guys. OH but wait they dont just a few and i mean few people. Trust us and trust ME when i say this we know what canbus is and the use of resistors and how they work and when they are needed. You do know that canbus bulbs and resistors get really hot correct? meaning you shove those little guys in your dome light etc etc, they get hot during use? which will pop solder points on the bulb and or damage the application you are using it in. Because as you said you know this already and you know that canbus is nothing but a LEd bulb with a built in resistor correct? There was no need for it to get to this point. We don't just send out random canbus bulbs to try to fix issues and ruin peoples cars. Until this day i still have no received a call from you regarding this issue and i answer the phones about 95% of the time.

If you don't want help with this issue anymore then why do you keep posting in this thread? We would rather you go your separate way and be done with it. No point in going on and on about it. Oscar didn't get back to you we are sorry about that....we have other customers as well and we apologize for that, but going on a forum to tell the whole world about it and then not getting it resolved will not solve anything. You have to call and work with us to get your issue resolved...not a forum. No one is going to fix that for you except for you. Plain and simple...I know i can speak as a regular person i try and help everyone because i know how it is to be frustrated with a company that doesn't come through. I own two vehicles myself and one is my beater and my other is my SRT8 Cherokee..which is my baby. But if something i get is wrong be sure i work with the company to insure they get it right. Because after all they are human. if you have any issues like i said in previous post..email us [email protected]. I answer these emails. But you have to work with us and stop the hate..we are more then willing to work with you...:Handshake:

Last edited:

miller187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same Issues

I have the same issue with the flickering License Plate light on my 2008 Tahoe. Noticed it a couple of weeks ago on the reverse camera. I took them out, cleaned everything and still I have one flickering light that just draws attention.

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the flickering License Plate light on my 2008 Tahoe. Noticed it a couple of weeks ago on the reverse camera. I took them out, cleaned everything and still I have one flickering light that just draws attention.

Try doing this...could be the solder points came loose on that bulb. Try this....light the bulb, let it stay on for about a minute. then push the pad in and hold it. what happens is that that solder point get hot and when you push the pad back on the board it re solders itself. If it doesn't work Contact us and we can figure something out.

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have multiple HID kits 3 on my hoe. LED reverse lights, an license plate lights and the ONLY pro I had was the harness on the new 5202 bulbs that had been out 2 weeks at the time the pos and neg were swapped on the harness. You know what I got on there site got on the live chat figure it out in 20 minutes. Everything else is flawless. So that's 5 diffrent kits from HID guy on one Tahoe that a LTZ with all types in electrical complications cause gm does that now days and all the kits work and have no problems. So just because you have a bad time on one type of variable voltage light that your trying to put a led in doesn't mean they are a bad company. Every company is gonna have its ****** customers I guess. If you don't like it return the damn lights. Seems like you need to just bow up and go with another company if your not happy but don't sit here and bash them and basically tell everyone that you had a bad experience so they will to? I've been in this situation before but I didn't go make a thread bashing them. I handled it like a civil person not a child. And YES cars are fluke not every car is exactly the same Idc what you say

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not gonna take sides but it dose seem it was kinda a bad move to post it like

this you shoulda just kept it between you and hid and bullshited about it

on the chat . . . i mean your really not solving anything theres always

gonna be some one out there that gets it stuck to em like whats happend

to you wether you go public with it or not . . . but i tell ya im definatly not going to buy any thing from them

but like i said it seems like the good is out weighing the bad . . . thats just my

opinion bro

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

you only look like a ***** becouse of the way you guys are bickering back and

fourth unprofesionally

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have made several purchases from hidguy myself. I do agree that they are slow to respond, but then again alot of small business are that way, my own small business included. Give em a brake, noone is perfect. But to come on here and tell EVERYONE not to buy from them is just a bunch of B.S. I have found that they are very knowledgable about their products and WILL eventually help you if you have problems. Patience is a virtue, lol. So overall im a very satisfied customer of Hidguy. Peace out!

Sprayed99

Reaction score
You are better off not making post like this but get your money back and go on down the road. The sad truth about forum vendors is that everyone that is a verteran or mod will support them because that is how the site stays up and makes money... Just like LS1tech, GMFS, and performancetrucks.net.

Simple way to handle this... don't buy from forum vendors... I don't because of this very reason.

You did the right thing contacting your credit card company.

Go ahead guys bash the new forum member now. I know its coming.

K_ddsl

Reaction score
You are better off not making post like this but get your money back and go on down the road. The sad truth about forum vendors is that everyone that is a verteran or mod will support them because that is how the site stays up and makes money... Just like LS1tech, GMFS, and performancetrucks.net.

Simple way to handle this... don't buy from forum vendors... I don't because of this very reason.

You did the right thing contacting your credit card company.

Go ahead guys bash the new forum member now. I know its coming.

It's not about bashing the new guy. You are entitled to your opinion.

My experience has been the complete opposite of yours.

I find that the overwhelming majority of vendors that are forum sponsors stand head and shoulders above others.
You can develop a far closer relationship with them seeing as you can interact with them on a daily basis. You get to know a lot about them and their degree of knowledge in the items they sell by their contributions on the board.

Yes, some forums are ridiculous about their support for the sponsors, but not all.
Case in point, this thread is allowed to exist on TYF when on many other forums it could well be deleted and the OP banned.

If you stick to your guns about not buying from forum sponsors, then you will end up missing out on products/services from the likes of Black Bear, NorcalSS, SuperchargedSS, and Chris Kelley to name a few, and that would be, in my opinion, your loss for these are some truly outstanding people with vast knowledge offering some excellent, if not unique (Black Bear), products and services.

In the end, to each his own...

Sprayed99

Reaction score
If you stick to your guns about not buying from forum sponsors, then you will end up missing out on products/services from the likes of Black Bear, NorcalSS, SuperchargedSS, and Chris Kelley to name a few, and that would be, in my opinion, your loss for these are some truly outstanding people with vast knowledge offering some excellent, if not unique (Black Bear), products and services.

In the end, to each his own...

The short answer is everything the above people offer is the same services I can perform on my own and have just as much knowlegde of and in some cases more expierence. Since you posted in my intro thread you can probably gather that. As far as products I have many of the same dealer accounts so I get better pricing on 90% of the products they sell.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667