HID Reverse Lights Done The Right Way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baldd86

Reaction score
I did this finally on my truck and have two toggle switches hooked up to it. One switch to alternate between the hid bulb and halogen bulb so when I'm reversing. The other switch is for the tailgater switch, which will light on the hid bulb.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any body have any advice for making a mounting bracket to make these lights fit the socket in the tail lamp housing? As is I would have to sicone the shit out of them to make them work, and even then they probably wouldnt be straight.

Also, can I hook up both sides of the HIDs to one relay? I am planning on having both HIDs and halogens come on at the same time. not worried about melting because they wont be on that long.

john

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was thinking to upgrade my back up light to HID kit, but i don't want to cut the the original tail light(damage it), also consider about the power consumption of the 35W hid kit, it will consume a lot of power, as i heard HID light will drain the battery fast,if there is 20Watt or even lower power consumption HID kit with same bulb type of the back up light will be perfect. I tried to search the HID back-up light ( reverse light) and found one site called online store of Kingtech Auto Parts Co., Ltd, It has one type HID Reverse light KT-HRL-15, it seems it can meet my requirements. Here is the link http://eshop.ktautopart.com/car-hid-...kt-hrl-15.html does anyone ever buy it before or any suggestions about this item. Hard for me to make decision, but it seems this kit looks great.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
i was thinking to upgrade my back up light to HID kit, but i don't want to cut the the original tail light(damage it), also consider about the power consumption of the 35W hid kit, it will consume a lot of power, as i heard HID light will drain the battery fast,if there is 20Watt or even lower power consumption HID kit with same bulb type of the back up light will be perfect. I tried to search the HID back-up light ( reverse light) and found one site called online store of Kingtech Auto Parts Co., Ltd, It has one type HID Reverse light KT-HRL-15, it seems it can meet my requirements. Here is the link http://eshop.ktautopart.com/car-hid-...kt-hrl-15.html does anyone ever buy it before or any suggestions about this item. Hard for me to make decision, but it seems this kit looks great.

Couple of things:

1) A 35w HID kit shouldn't use enough power to worry about.

2) I honestly don't see the point in a 15w HID bulb. That is not going to be bright enough to matter, especially at $80/kit like the one you are looking at. It's just a gimmick market.

3) HID's will not kill your battery, especially if your truck is on, which it will presumably be when you're in reverse. Again, don't worry about it.

Big_mike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i don't get this lol...i couldn't put the light control in if i wanted to i have 4x4 and thats were all my buttons are :( have to find a different spot lol. first i need to interpret this stuff..

I have this same problem.. Is there anyway to move these buttons somewhere else or where could I mount the reverse light switch, and a couple of other switches? Any suggestions?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I've had the parts for this project for almost a year and still haven't done it. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to wire things, I rarely have an entire day with the truck to work on it, and the weather often keeps me from doing anything to the truck because I'm a wimp and don't like to freeze....lol.

baldd86

Reaction score
I have a diagram for how I wired mine I'll share in a bit

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good thinkin about doing it since houston is full of road rage drivers

baldd86

Reaction score
I kno what you mean I hate them especially on 45

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

baldd86

Reaction score
Heres how I did mine (diagram)
HidtailDiagram.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I have this same problem.. Is there anyway to move these buttons somewhere else or where could I mount the reverse light switch, and a couple of other switches? Any suggestions?

You could probably use the area by the air bag switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n