HID Retrofits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittydog

Reaction score
XB bulbs

So I called the retrofit source (bulb validation) and it seems the upgraded bulbs (the XB option) +20.00 are the ones we require due to the ground plug on the lower? The standard is on top.

The guy on the phone stated the 14 Sierra's used the XB as well. He said the other bulb would work but the shadow lead (might be wrong wording on my part) would be up top not on bottom.

So, I am just going to send back the unit and get the XB bulbs.

After reading the postings by soulsea (and others), I guess they are a crap shoot. If they are blinding and light is going everywhere, I will not use them. If they have the same containment pattern, I will be ok-I think.

Now, here is the real question for GM techies....Is the 2015 Denali's projector the same specs/part number as the 2015 Yukon (just the low beam projector housing) Or would they do it that way?
Meaning, they have the (same) correct projection assembly for either model, but they put in halogen in one and HID with ballast in the other.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The halogen projector is different than the HID projector in the denali and escalades. Putting HID bulbs in the stock halogen projector will not result in the same output as using real HID projectors.

OP
OP
D

DetTigers

Reaction score
So I just popped the hood to see how easy it would be to access the headlights. Well, the driver side is a piece if cake. The passenger side- no chance! I opened the owners manual and it actually says to see your dealer for passenger headlight bulb replacement. Wtf!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 Sierra and silverado and camaro all needed canbus ballasts or error chancellors with reg ballasts to work. I haven't done a Tahoe or yukon yet but it is most likely the same.

ecanem

Reaction score
So I just popped the hood to see how easy it would be to access the headlights. Well, the driver side is a piece if cake. The passenger side- no chance! I opened the owners manual and it actually says to see your dealer for passenger headlight bulb replacement. Wtf!

Let me know what you figure out.... this is disconcerting, the current lights are killing me!

smittydog

Reaction score
sent them back

I ended up just sending the whole kit back. I didn't get the xb bulb or the canbus (I trusted their rep and ordered what they said). Plus the possible issue with the passenger side removal was more than I wanted to contend with (for a crap shoot on a non specific HID solution).

I guess I will just wait for a better solution.

Thanks,
Steve

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about putting in an LED bulb in the projector? Vleds came out with a headlight led, puts out 2100lm per bulb.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DetTigers

Reaction score
Ok so I attempted to install the TRS kit today. Unfortunately I could not get the air filter housing out to access the passenger side headlight so I had to stop. I got the top of the filter housing off, removed the air filter, and disconnected the MAF sensor but could not get the bottom of the air filter housing out. It's secured to something I just couldn't figure out what. If someone can figure out how to do that the rest will be a piece of cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts